Why become a member? ×

Glou Glou Steak dynamic distortion/fuzz.

Quatschmacher

54 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Our @GisserD bought one (or loaned one from me if his wife asks😆) so will be able to post clips presumably and give us his take on it. 

Peter!!!! 

She often says she has a profile here to check up on my pedal purchases!!

Haha

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got round to stoking up them coals!

I cant yet claim to have figured out all the posibilities on this, and alot of what your about to hear is found by a kind of suck it and see attitide rather than going for any particular sound. Its incredibly difficult to get back to a sound even if you have pictures of the settings as the filter controlls are so sensitive. The tracking of the octave patches is highly dependent on the BP filter before it. if the resonance is to high or the frequency is in the wrong spot, the octaves dont track well as they are seeing a filtered signal which might hugely affect the fundmenal. The BP filters also cannot be bypassed, and always have some resonance even wnen peak is set at the lowest. the filters imho sound fantastic as do the raw distortion sounds. Its glitchy, its filthy, its funky and i really dig it!

steak Scrap 1.mp3

steak Scrap 2.mp3

steak Scrap 3.mp3

steak Scrap 4.mp3

steak Scrap 5.mp3

steak scrap 6.mp3

(i drew a number on the table lower right to match the settings to the clip)

20200724_073100.jpg

20200724_073237.jpg

20200724_073628.jpg

20200724_074458.jpg

20200724_080131.jpg

20200724_083431.jpg

Edited by GisserD
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GisserD said:

I finally got round to stoking up them coals!

I cant yet claim to have figured out all the posibilities on this, and alot of what your about to hear is found by a kind of suck it and see attitide rather than going for any particular sound. Its incredibly difficult to get back to a sound even if you have pictures of the settings as the filter controlls are so sensitive. The tracking of the octave patches is highly dependent on the BP filter before it. if the resonance is to high or the frequency is in the wrong spot, the octaves dont track well as they are seeing a filtered signal which might hugely affect the fundmenal. The BP filters also cannot be bypassed, and always have some resonance even wnen peak is set at the lowest. the filters imho sound fantastic as do the raw distortion sounds. Its glitchy, its filthy, its funky and i really dig it!

steak Scrap 1.mp3 1.78 MB · 3 downloads

steak Scrap 2.mp3 1.38 MB · 1 download

steak Scrap 3.mp3 1.65 MB · 1 download

steak Scrap 4.mp3 1.65 MB · 1 download

steak Scrap 5.mp3 1.78 MB · 0 downloads

steak scrap 6.mp3 1022.81 kB · 0 downloads

(i drew a number on the table lower right to match the settings to the clip)

20200724_073100.jpg

20200724_073237.jpg

20200724_073628.jpg

20200724_074458.jpg

20200724_080131.jpg

20200724_083431.jpg

These sound great. I think it's only a matter of time before I cave in and get one. Have you tried running this into a noise gate?

59 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

These sound great. I think it's only a matter of time before I cave in and get one. Have you tried running this into a noise gate?

Its not really noisy when powered correctly. Thismorning I had it daisychained with other pedals on a cheap power supply.

• 2 weeks later...

Just found the thread!

Yeah, this is supertasty for sure

What are your thoughts regarding presets Darren (especially given you point about the control sensativity), did you have some kind of magic in mind for this? It would rock live despite the real estate if the settings were controllable

Wdyt?