Why become a member? ×

Barefaced super compact.

Dandelion

I've had a few BF cabs, and I've never felt the Super Twin (which is where I ended up) wasn't loud enough with a 300w Walkabout. True, the Walkabout gets gnarly and a bit squishy when breathing hard, but I like that. I found the MB amps got less pleasantly strained when pushed hard. It isn't the cab. Plus, if I need drummer-crushing, guitard-intimidating stacktasticness, I just pop it onto the Compact I have, and it goes louder than I'll ever need...and that's up against two 412&Marshall guitards and a right old shedbuilder behind the kit.

And that's with 300w...well, a chunk more into 2.67 ohms, but less than 500. Sensitivity is the thing...

As Chris says, 2 x SCs is the sensible thing to do...unless you're a numpty like me with the self-restraint of a magpie in a Swarovski shop; I'd take both with me all the time, 'just in case'. I had 3 Berg AE112s at one point for the Ultimate Modular Setup...did I take all three to most gigs? Yup... 😕

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...