Why become a member? ×

Stickers on your bass

Ricky 4000

My very first bass was literally 100% covered in stickers... and when I say 100%, I mean it. The fretboard was stickered, the pickups, the back of the neck, the headstock, literally everywhere!! It made it play HORRIBLY but with me being 14 at the time it looked freakin' cool! 

These days, I HATE stickers on instruments... drives me crazy when I buy a bass/guitar that's been stickered mostly because the removal of said stickers is such a pain in the arsé! 

Though I have recently realised that hand sanitizer removes sticker glue very nicely! :)

Edited by binky_bass

24 minutes ago, Raslee said:

I'll await and embrace the ridicule ;)...it sort of started off like a tattoo addiction.

Love it.

I need to raid drawers and cupboards for stickers, plus buy some more stickers!

This one was already on my watch list for months - honest 👍

s-l400.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Love it.

I need to raid drawers and cupboards for stickers, plus buy some more stickers!

This one was already on my watch list for months - honest 👍

s-l400.jpg

Awesomeness

20 minutes ago, Raslee said:

Thanks, got a couple of Camembert stickers (to go with the T shirt I bought when I saw them last year) and a couple of Grateful Dead ones to go with the dozens of GD T shirts I have!

• Like 1

I think you're all very brave 😃

19 hours ago, The fasting showman said:

I've owned this for a long time... I need all the help I can get in the charisma department; I hope nobody is too horrified.

I see the guitar playing girl has suffered some major wear & tear. That would seem to be a problem on high contact areas of the bass.

(That's a very cool bass, by the way 🙂)

Edited by Ricky 4000
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ricky 4000 said:

I think you're all very brave 😃

I see the guitar playing girl has suffered some major wear & tear. That would seem to be a problem on high contact areas of the bass.

(That's a very cool bass, by the way 🙂)

I thought it some kind of green haired flying duck man. 😁

• Haha 1

On 04/07/2020 at 19:19, Raslee said:

I'll await and embrace the ridicule ;)...it sort of started off like a tattoo addiction.

IMG_1039.thumb.jpeg.5bbdf5b577369dbb7a7016a112179d3f.jpeg

Love this...that Funkadelic sticker. And is that an Ozrics sticker?    

I bought a cheapie Peavey bass about 15 years ago (Milestone 1, £60 2nd hand). As well as new pups, bridge and tuners I covered the scratch plate in any stickers I could find. I was in an indie rock band at the time so it went with the image.

10 years down the line and I find myself in a function band and, only owning basses of the 4 string variety, requiring a bass to drop a semi tone. I just removed the scratch plate and hey presto...a future proof, multi tasking cheap bass 👍

• Like 1

My old jazz bass had two stickers: one of my band logo, one of another band logo (originals) where I dep sometimes. The bass was beaten and worn and I was OK with putting stickers on it. 

My precision, leaving my stable tomorrow for a new home, had a sticker of the snake from the Gruffalo on it. Partly because my daughter loves the Gruffalo and my guitars, and partly because I was writing some songs for a new project and had a really seedy one called "snake" so I thought it all added up. Song didn't get finished, project never got started, bass just got sold. 

A former colleague was the daughter of a semi pro bassist. She remembers as a child putting googly eye stickers on his bass and after he passed away she inherited the instrument, opened the case and the stickers were still on it. A lovely story when she tells it as it obviously meant a lot to her. 

24 minutes ago, Raggy said:

Ghastly sticker jobs?

I'm in 😁

74320666_10223632395701786_8291211099310164256_n.jpg

Firstly, I don't like basses with stickers on. 

Secondly, that's cool as f**k!

It just depends on what type of band you're in doesn't it. If I was in a punk band I'd be loving that bass. If I was in a functions band I wouldn't. 

What is it BTW? A double P jazz looks like a beast. 👍

• Like 2

On 04/07/2020 at 19:05, binky_bass said:

My very first bass was literally 100% covered in stickers... and when I say 100%, I mean it. The fretboard was stickered, the pickups, the back of the neck, the headstock, literally everywhere!! It made it play HORRIBLY but with me being 14 at the time it looked freakin' cool! 

These days, I HATE stickers on instruments... drives me crazy when I buy a bass/guitar that's been stickered mostly because the removal of said stickers is such a pain in the arsé! 

Though I have recently realised that hand sanitizer removes sticker glue very nicely! :)

Isopropyl Alcohol. Good for tapeheads etc too (non perfumed match)

1 hour ago, Raggy said:

Ghastly sticker jobs?

I'm in 😁

74320666_10223632395701786_8291211099310164256_n.jpg

While this bass screams punk/hardcore, the Babicz just says, 'You know I'm an anarchist, but I like to chill out with a nice glass of red and listen to a bit of Kenny G every so often.' 

BBoT mate.  BBoT.

• Haha 1