Why become a member? Ɨ

Stickers on your bass

Ricky 4000

5 hours ago, Dirty Soul said:

Personally, I am against stickers on my basses. If I want to pledge allegiance to something Iā€™ll do it via the medium of a t shirt.Ā 
Ā 

It doesnā€™t bother me in the least if others do it though šŸ˜€

Same for me. The only decorations my basses get are genuine knocks from being onĀ the road.

• Like 2

I had a couple of stickers on a cheapy bass when I was a young, angry teen but it's not something I'd do these days, at least not just some random sticker. Having said that, over on the Short scale appreciation thread, @Dosi Y'AnarchyĀ has put a very cool looking racing stripe on his Talman to match his Mustang. Having both a Talman and a couple of Mustangs myself I'm quite tempted to give one of them a Brazilian.Ā 

IMG_20200613_150507.jpg

Edited by Osiris

My Precision, one of my Jazzes and my JCB all have Grateful Dead stealie stickers on them. The two Fenders are white and the JCB is gold, so they show up well, they don't look so good on sunburst, which most of the rest are.

Just realised - you can see the stealie on the JCB in my profile pic (<ā€” over there)

Edited by FinnDave

Theyā€™re really not my thing, but itā€™s your bass, do what you want to your Squier.

Just not on nitro where itā€™s difficult to remove without ruining the finish.

Then again, Lee Sklar butchered and carved his vintage basses, so šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

18 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

Those Fenders above aren't Squiers, they're Fenders, which is why I called them Fenders.

I wasnā€™t talking to you or anyone in particular, more referring to how itā€™s generally Squiers which have stickers on. My point is that people can do what they want with their basses... itā€™s just not my thing.

1 minute ago, therealting said:

I wasnā€™t talking to you or anyone in particular, more referring to how itā€™s generally Squiers which have stickers on. My point is that people can do what they want with their basses... itā€™s just not my thing.

Fair enough, as your post was directly below mine, I assumed it was aimed at me. I'll happily put stickers on any bass if I think it personalises it. Neither of those two Fenders cost under a grand new. The stickers come off without leaving a mark, I know this as I sold a bass on here a few years ago and the seller wanted the sticker removed and proof that the bass was undamaged by the experience. He was satisfied.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, FinnDave said:

My Precision, one of my Jazzes and my JCB all have Grateful Dead stealie stickers on them. The two Fenders are white and the JCB is gold, so they show up well, they don't look so good on sunburst, which most of the rest are.

Just realised - you can see the stealie on the JCB in my profile pic (<ā€” over there)

But Dave that`s allowed as the Dead have the coolest looking stickers..... in the world! I have white Jazz bass GAS at the moment and that picture you posted is not helping.

Edited by jezzaboy
  • Like 1

Jezza, I have been wondering whether to keep the Jazz or not - I have two others already, and got this one as a swap for a six string easier in the year. It's a Classic 60s Jazz, and I already have another in sunburst.Ā 

The only reason I didn't move it on straight away is that I made the mistake of playing it, and is does play very well. I still can't decide - but it's keeping its sticker whatever happens!

• Like 1

This was on my Telecaster Bass before its refurb but was not hiding any damage once removed. The reddish sticker on the reverse side of the headstock says 'ETS Pasdeloup, Paris' and is /was a music shop so pretty cool....?

20171011_150222.thumb.jpg.8c8f21556b65bda8c0237914d2f1dbd8.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by yorks5stringer

Once you've bought Ā bass it is yours to do exactly what you want to it. No one can tell what you 'should' or 'shouldn't' do it. I have a lovely Sandberg bass I bought in January but hardly ever play, if I decided to give it a viking funeral floating down the Windrush as it was consumed by flames, it's my prerogative. Bit of a waste of the best part of 2 grand, but it's my money to waste if I wantĀ to

Ā 

(Not that IĀ wouldn want to add more cr*ap to ourĀ already polluted local river, of course. Just adding that in case anyone thinks I'm looking for the petrol and matches as I type! I'd take it a mile or so downstream to where the Windrush meets the Thames and cast it adrift there šŸ˜Ā )

Edited by FinnDave
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

Ā I have a lovely Sandberg bass I bought in January but hardly ever play, if I decided to give it a viking funeral floating down the Windrush as it was consumed by flames, it's my prerogative. Bit of a waste of the best part of 2 grand, but it's my money to waste if I want to

Now, if you just wrap it in a nice fireproof blanket and let me know when and where you plan to perform this funeral, I'll be glad to watch it to make sure it all goes to planšŸ˜…

• Haha 1