Why become a member? ×

My new Maruszczyk---"nitro gloss"?

Radchenko

11 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

it's all got a bit stupidly out of hand over the OP not realising that properly-done nitro was shiny, and said nitro getting a crack in transportation hasn't it? 

Hello, I learnt that thing about nitro thanks to basschat. I saw several Fenders vintage, even Highway ones as new, and never see that kind of shiny. I'm happy to learnt that 🙂

The customer said me It was probably my fault during the unpacking. Also the scratch in the back body 😞

For sure I want a new bass in perfect conditions. If not, as a customer, you have to help me.

Thanks.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Radchenko said:

Hello,

I add a mail from 6th july I sent yo Adrian.

Please, read It. Thank you.

Screenshot_2020-07-23-17-26-14-935_com.google.android.gm.png

To me that email reads as:

I am being as reasonable and polite as possible, please can you find a way to come to an agreement with me.

P.S. In case you haven't noticed, I have dragged your name through the dirt in public.

You can be as polite as you like, but following up with a threat makes all the polite stuff look like cynical manipulation.

6 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

That was after the conversation had already turned sour and Rad was trying to re-boot

I can understand the OP’s frustration 

Yes, but playing 'nice guy' then dropping the bomb 'I have started a thread' it's not surprising things didn't mellow out, and makes the request to remove the thread more understandable.

I think as well as not giving a toss, Adrian is naive - you can’t write anything digitally these days and not expect that it could go to social media. 

Prevention is better than cure, and being professional shouldn’t be a big ask.

No way I’d give that guy my hard earned. 

I think we can go around and around on the rights or wrongs of the buyer's approach. The bottom line as far as Adrian is concerned is that buying musical instruments is often an emotional process, and the logic underlying a buyer's decisions is often very far from what common sense dictates it should be. This thread has not perhaps changed the way we think about the basses in question - we all know stuff happens, errors are made, even the best people have bad days - but I think many of us feel differently about the business that makes them, and those feelings are the critical factor in the market place (look at What RH did to people's feelings about Rics). As is suggested above, given he runs a big business, Adrian is naive and/or arrogant for not recognising this simple fact of sales, for not saying "OK, let's get it sorted", and for doing so irrespective of his views of the objective rights and wrings of the situation. In fact, he is arguably acting not just arrogantly but irresponsibly (see the Ratner reference above), especially given that all indicators suggest that the market is about to get a whole lot harder.

Is the bass worth what the buyer paid? Probably. Does the builder have a case? Yes. Is the buyer happy? No. The ultimate aim of a business is its happy customers.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Radchenko said:

Hello,

I add a mail from 6th july I sent yo Adrian.

Please, read It. Thank you.

Screenshot_2020-07-23-17-26-14-935_com.google.android.gm.png

Me agreeing with Luke wasn’t aimed at you, it was at the fact the thread seems to have grown arms and legs. That’s what Luke was getting at, as I read it anyway :)
All in all I agree that all you want is a little explanation and a small (in comparison to the whole cost) recompense for the remedial work needed. It could and should have been a far simpler process for you :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I am being as reasonable and polite as possible, please can you find a way to come to an agreement with me.

P.S. In case you haven't noticed, I have dragged your name through the dirt in public.

You can be as polite as you like, but following up with a threat makes all the polite stuff look like cynical manipulation.

Hello, thanks.

He finished out conversation day 3th saying this words (picture). According to him, there's no problem, enjoy the bass.

Then, I started the topic to know other opinions. I understand my mistakes.

Thank you.

Edited by Radchenko
I delete the picture.

Surely the best possible outcome, for everyone involved, would now be for Adrian (that seems over familiar but I can't write his surname) to come on and resolve this situation in public. He's been viewing this thread anyway. 

I don't think things would get nasty as the OP knows and admits his faults in dealing with this situation, and Adrian appears to want to clear this up and not appear the bad guy. Also everyone on this thread so far appears fairly level headed to act as mediators to help cross the language barrier. 

We are only getting one side of this debate and Adrian asking for this thread to be deleted is not, I feel, the best outcome for his business. Mistakes have been made on both sides which could easily be rectified in public, thus the OP getting a solution and Adrian's company regaining its credibility. 

Going back and forwards like this isn't helping anyone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Maude said:

Adrian (that seems over familiar but I can't write his surname)

You can copy and paste it from the title. I find it easy to write, as I type the letters m z k and it auto-expands to Maruszczyk, because I have one and had to type it a lot!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

But that's not true is it - the OP sent it 6th July - the thread has been running for 17 days with numerous members wading in with their own impressions of the supplier's standards of customer service and everything else - so it is Basschat members who've dragged his name through the mud in reality? 

I'm still astonished that for an issue that's happened during Covid  lockdown (the OP was 3rd July) not anyone has even recognised that this might have been a factor in lowering customer service standards - considering virtually everyone on this forum is not performing currently because of Covid, do you not recognise every business, everywhere is affected to one level or another. I'm not sure why this is surprising in sons ways as a similar lack of awareness seems to be applying on Talkbass as well 😮

I agree though that the supplier's response has apparently been lamentable. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BassApprentice said:

And now the thread has reached meme posting level. 

Well the outrage was fun while it lasted 

Well it's just going around in circles now so I thought I'd lighten the mood 😄

I did make a serious point before that 🙂

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

The corpse still has some life in it, who is going to prod it a few more times?

I've a stick. 

But it's a wonky stick with a crack at the top, a scratch on the back and it's far too shiny. 

:ph34r:

• Haha 4

Hi,
first of all, I would like to mention that I've never taken any active part within discussions on forums, nor do I wish to continue doing so.
However, seing this thread to escalate so much – I guess it's time to clear a few things out.
Obviously, I am not writing myself, I have asked a colleague to translate my message and make it a bit more transparent.

Concerning this particular instrument and accordingly with my e-mail history, the first couple of questions about that bass have reached me in early January.
After analysing the vast list of special feautures, I have stated to the customer that so many options are clearly impossible to apply. That being said, this instrument has been created without the use of our online configurator.
Trying to find a common ground, we have agreed on a list of things to customise.
The deposit has been paid and I have started to order everything needed.
Complete hardware had to be customised, since the customer specifically requested nickel parts, whereas we have only been offering chrome at this stage. Same goes for pickups.

All parts have been ordered in the US. However, throughout the Coronavirus pandemic – no shipments were possible. Everything arrived on the 20th of April and exactly the same day I have forwarded the order into our workshop.
That‘s the way we always operate, in order to minimalize the amount of times, one particular instrument is being handled. In between the customer was being informed about the progress.
There was a possibility to speed up that process, through substitiution of certain elements.

Eight weeks later, on the 13th of June the bass has arrived into our showroom and a picture was sent to the customer.
One day later, I have received the info that the remaining amount has been transferred.
We have received the payment on the 26th of June and shipped the instrument on the 29th of June.

On the 3rd of July at precisely 04:42 P.M. I have received the first e-mail regarding the delivery of the bass and a first couple of complaints from the customer.
I have answered that message during the same day at exactly 05:34 P.M.
The way I saw it, there was no interest in finding a good solution to potential problems, since that thread, here on Basschat has been created the same day.
Quite frankly – it felt to me like a simple blackmail attempt.

On the 6th of July I have made a customer an offer asking about his expectations and what could be done to solve the situation and improve his mood.
Few more e-mails with technical questions followed later. I have replied to each one of them.
However, I didn't get any clear answer concerning finding a solution to set the record straight.

Additionally, I started to receive excerpts and pictures from that thread with quotes from different members. Obviously, I had to ignore those e-mails..
On the 21st of July I have offered the customer a 100 EUR compensation.
Afterwards, I have received an answer stating that it would not suffice followed with some unnecessary comments. Simultaneously, I have been informed that it would cost more to fix the bad wiring on the instrument. However, there were no specifications concerning potmeters prior to the production.
We have done it like we always do and we do not receive any complaints in that regard.
Two hours later, I have received a request to pay 200 EUR and an information that the customer could start similar threads on talkbass, bajistas.com and bassic.de.
My answer was merely stating that I am not going to feel threatened and the customer would get 200 EUR if he would delete that thread here on Basschat.
The reply came – apparently the author can't remove own threads. I have suggested contacting a moderator.
The reason I wanted to delete this thread was simple – the analysis concerning the time when it was created didn't let me any chance of trying to find a peaceful solution without being blackmailed.

The last message stated that the customer is about to make an official complaint.

All in all, I have received exactly 59 e-mails. Only ten were left without my reply, simply because it made no sense to do so.

In my opinion, I have made a mistake by getting convinced to build this instrument in the first place. Furthermore, until this moment I can't really sense, that the customer is interested in finding a clear solution to resolve the whole situation.
That's all I can add from my side.

Something about custom instruments in general:

We are building around 550 instruments within one Year. We have over 20 people responsible for that.
Around 400 of those are custom orders. The way I am getting informed by my customers – we are probably providing the biggest and most accessible custom shop in the world.
I personally don't care if it's true. That's just the input I am getting with time through my clients.
Many custom options are being designed by customers. Mainly because they want things in a certain way and there is no room for suggestions.
For example – You can't expect every bridge and the size of every pickup to fit in aligning strings exactly between pole pieces.
If somebody takes a look at the variety of options we are providing and still thinks we are ordering everything pre-made – clearly has no idea how instruments are being built.

Customer support:

I am receiving around 100 e-mails a day. Lots of questions regarding lots of different subjects (basses, hardware, wood, bassplaying, solos, compositions, arrangements). That being said, I am trying to answer each and every one of them.
Sometimes though, it's not possible to answer an e-mail concerning the arrival of a certain instrument.
I make sure to get a confirmation from my workshop (once they can provide one) and then I am doing my best to inform every customer. Everybody gets their instrument, I have never had any communication problems concerning that.
Unfortunately, we are living in times where patience is very rarely found.
I can only ask for understanding. Each customer has one clear instrument in mind. Specific questions concerning specific products. I am, however torn between hundreds of different orders and my day is unfortunately not getting any longer. I am sure, many would confirm that I am trying to answer all week round, including Saturdays and Sundays, whenever I can.
Of course, it would be easier to hire somebody to take over of my customer support. In my opinion it makes no sense due to the fact that I am the person behind my slogan: 'From Player To Player'.
That's the main reason why so many customers wish to speak directly with me.

Additionally:

I have not read the whole thread. However, I would like to address a couple of other things that were mentioned here. I have noticed that somebody was trying to undermine the name 'Public Peace'.
I can officially invite him or anybody else to pay us a visit, see the way we live and work.
Then he can tell me, whether that name stands for something true or not.
Public Peace is not a marketing slogan – it's the way we live and was like that before I have started this business.
It's very easy to hide under a nickname and anonymously pick fingers at somebody who stands publicly at the forefront.
There is an old Amerindian catchphrase:  'Before You judge somebody, make sure to run the whole summer in his moccasins through the prairie'.
Nowadays, thanks to different forms of social media we can observe heaps of possibilities to spread an opinion about others, simultaneously not losing own anonymity.
As an example – YouTube and thumbs up/thumbs down expressions.
I believe, these things can be really dangerous. If I like something, I make sure to share it by hitting a thumbs up button. However, never have I ever used the other – thumbs down option.
Exactly as the fact, that I have never aspired to ‘fish for compliments‘, ratings and alike.
I think, it has to simply evolve naturally.

B-strings:

Concerning the custom instrument with a faulty B-string and a question, whether that bass could be returned. Of course custom instruments can not be returned. Unfortunately, we can't afford to offer that. Therefore, we are making sure to have enough instruments in our showroom, which can be purchased as standard models and returned if not met with all the expectations.
In my humble opinion, the issue of a faulty B-strings lays not within an instrument. I really think it's an issue with the string itself. Till now, I have managed to fix/repair similar cases with both our instruments and different brands on multiple occasions in our showroom.
I will try to make a video addressing this matter. Maybe this can help.

String retainers:

The matter of a string retainer on Gareth Hughes's bass turned out to be a simple misunderstanding and my mistake. I have confused two different instruments – had a different one in mind.

Concerning my comment about 30 basses that have just arrived:

Just a short follow-up, how we are trying to operate here.
There are 32 instruments fitting an Euro-Palette when they are shipped from our workshop in Poland.
Firsty, all of them are being photographed, then I am deciding which need to be showcased wthin our video channel. The next move follows by sending pictures to customers, who have ordered them.
The string retainer in that particular instrument was mounted by myself, however the picture that Gareth has received still didn't have it on. Our luthiers in Poland couldn't decide, whether it should cover 3,4 or 5 strings. After a conversation we have found a solution and the instrument has been shipped accordingly with all the wishes.

Lastly:

Last but not least – as a rule I am never encouraging anybody to get custom instruments. If things like a perfect alignment between strings and pole pieces or little cracks, which can occur due to transit are more important than the sound and playability of the instrument, I would rather recommend getting a standard model. Even different brand – standard basses can be returned back.

I am really hoping that that's my first and the last post on any forum.
Hereby, I would like to wish everybody all the best, especially in those crazy times, we live in!
Lots of health, great music and public peace.

Best,
Adrian

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2