Why become a member? ×

My new Maruszczyk---"nitro gloss"?

Radchenko

Hello,

He offers me pay 200€ if first I delete the topic.

I'm explaining him that I cannot delete the topic, I'm not a moderator on the site.

Once I have it I will write a response on the thread to say it is resolved.

He doesn't care about fix our problem and me trying to be Happy with his bass.

He is offering me the money as a bribe to delete this bad words about him. I feel sorry about this situation but is him whose not trying to fix it properly.

Where can I write an official complaint please?.

Thank you.

36 minutes ago, Radchenko said:

Hello,

I'm explaining him that I cannot delete the topic, I'm not a moderator on the site.

He is offering me the money as a bribe to delete this bad words about him. I feel sorry about this situation but is him whose not trying to fix it properly.

Thank you.

Try this link to start with.

https://www.ukecc.net/

Also (if you bought your bass from Germany):

https://www.ukecc-services.net/ECCDE.cfm

Edited by No. 8 Wire
  • Thanks 1

You can delete all your posts in this thread simply by editing each one in turn and replacing it with something like "post deleted".

However you will have to ask one of the moderators to edit any posts that have quoted your original posts to remove that content from them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Radchenko said:

Hello,

Thank you.

There goes his UK business

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Radchenko said:

Hello,

Thank you.

Crackers. 10 page thread that the majority of people on here will largely have seen. Bolting the stable door etc etc.

To the OP - Not sure at this stage what you want by way of resolution. If you want to reject the bass and seek a refund -

if you paid by PayPal and it was goods and services consider registering a case with PayPal.

if you paid by credit card consider contacting your card provider and/or investigating if any Visa or MasterCard (the rules differ by each) chargeback rights exist.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I would imagine ped has a howler in his inbox then.

Really curious to see how this pans out. I'll flip my lid if I see this content disappear :P 

Edited by akabane

14 hours ago, Beedster said:

It's certainly not a case of a luthier in over his head as suggested above; more a pick and mix parts dealer than custom builder. I can see how tempting the configurator approach is, but frankly unless I was doing something really wild, I'd rather source the parts and put a bass together myself, that way you know what you're getting. 

There's clearly a load of hardware from different high quality brands on offer, but do they manufacture their own necks and bodies or are they outsourced? 

FWIW, IME, they're more fastidious than 'pick and mix' might suggest. The bodies and necks seem to be well matched, and in the case of my two custom builds, the necks were built to match the profile of my '71P.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

FWIW, IME, they're more fastidious than 'pick and mix' might suggest. The bodies and necks seem to be well matched, and in the case of my two custom builds, the necks were built to match the profile of my '71P.

Even Fender (also pick and mix let's face it) get the bodies and necks matched these days those WoT, mostly anyway :)

37 minutes ago, akabane said:

Really curious to see how this pans out. I'll flip my lid if I see this content disappear :P 

Ha ha, I was going to say "If they delete this, I'll leave the forum", but I don't want to give Ped any more reason to delete it than is perhaps already in play :)

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

Yup, I don't think I've ever seen anyone else refer to them as a Bitsa Builder. OP's problems aside, Maruszczyk do build proper custom jobs, I don't think for a second they have lots of different standard bodies and neck kicking about, maybe a few, but if you look at the myriad of options that you see on each and every bass, it wouldn't make sense to do that. 

Just now, eude said:

Yup, I don't think I've ever seen anyone else refer to them as a Bitsa Builder. OP's problems aside, Maruszczyk do build proper custom jobs, I don't think for a second they have lots of different standard bodies and neck kicking about, maybe a few, but if you look at the myriad of options that you see on each and every bass, it wouldn't make sense to do that. 

Surely the configurator is the very definition of pick and mix; Jazz neck, Precision body, MM-style humbucker etc, hardware often from different manufacturers and different styles of bass? Either way, I didn't say there was anything wrong with that, but I'd contrast their's and Fender's approach to instrument making with builders at the opposite extreme, for example Wal. I recognise it's an extreme contrast, but in my original mention of pick and mix I'd had mistakenly assumed the business was perhaps more Wal than Fender.

Just now, Beedster said:

Surely the configurator is the very definition of pick and mix; Jazz neck, Precision body, MM-style humbucker etc, hardware often from different manufacturers and different styles of bass? Either way, I didn't say there was anything wrong with that, but I'd contrast their's and Fender's approach to instrument making with builders at the opposite extreme, for example Wal. I recognise it's an extreme contrast, but in my original mention of pick and mix I'd had mistakenly assumed the business was perhaps more Wal than Fender.

The difference is that you can contact Adrian and ask for something not specified in the creator. In my case, neck profile, string tree etc.

• Like 1

It’s a combination of the two really - there will be bits and bobs hanging around - there is no doubt that the neck pockets will all have very similar if not the same dimensions - that will correspond to scale length, but that should be covered. If you want a particular neck profile, you’ll take an existing neck and get your Shinto saw, spoke shave and sand strips out, or program a CNC machine to bevel off what you need.

There will BW necks with out rods, with rods awaiting a fingerboard etc. It’s how I would do it if I had volume for my creations.

6 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

it's all got a bit stupidly out of hand over the OP not realising that properly-done nitro was shiny, and said nitro getting a crack in transportation hasn't it? 

Yes, yes it has!

• Haha 1

I bought a NOS (not intentionally....it was literally new old stock) 65 Jaguar from Peach Guitars, and the guitar was perfect (and I still have it) but there were some nitro related stress marks like the one in this topic (probably smaller though).

That was different. The whole batch of guitars were heavily discounted to clear out the Fender EU warehouse apparently. I was very lucky to get some a wonderful instrument for that price.

However, on a brand new instrument that has just been manufactured? Nope. I wouldn't be happy. Also, it just seems the bass isn't quite up to expectations, and the customer service is absolutely horrific. I wouldn't buy one now.

I would just offer you a full refund if I was him, and have the bass refinished or sold as b stock. Simple. No stress. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• ped locked this topic