Why become a member? ×

Gator Semi Rigid Acoustic Bass case
£40
Lymington

I have recently moved my acoustic bass on, but in doing so I had to buy a hard case in which to ship it.  Thus I now have the following redundant case.

It was bought at the time my bass was made, so about 4 years ago.  Its not seen a lot of action, but has been on trains, rehearsals and to a couple of gigs.  One of the zips has broken on the front storage sections, and the material is wearing a bit thin where the velcro on the securing flap has come into contact (please see attached photos).  Other than that it is in excellent condition.  It is actually a better case than the hard case I had to buy.  It is totally bomb proof.  My huge Brook bass (Gibson J200 body size) fitted extremely well in here. I suspect it would be ideal for things like the bigger Guild and Tacoma acoustic basses.  I loved the fact that it has straps so you can wear it on your back (so long as you remember that your height is now well over 6 foot 6 when walking through doors!)

Price is negotiable.  I suspect I will never have another acoustic bass again, so it really must go.  I have no box for it, but seeing as there will be no bass inside I will ship by encasing in a load of bubble wrap and bin bags if that's OK.  Otherwise local pickup (or meetup anywhere between Bournemouth and Southampton) would be great.  Postage would have to be added extra.

Thanks for looking :)

Robbie

p.s please forgive the rather ugly Orla Kiely wallpaper- it came with the rented property.  I hate it, but apparently its quite trendy (and expensive!)

IMG_20200703_094343.jpg

IMG_20200703_094417.jpg

IMG_20200703_094320.jpg

IMG_20200703_094333.jpg

IMG_20200703_094352.jpg

Edited by Brook_fan