Why become a member? ×

Splice Rent-to-own options?

xgsjx

I'm in dire need of some decent VSTs (software instruments), but haven't got the spare cash to buy outright just now.  Thankfully Splice offer a Rent-to-own model, where you pay monthly, can take a break as often as you like & start again & once you've paid the cost of the software, it's yours.  So I thought about getting either Serum as it gets rave reviews & is $9.99 a month for 19 months or Arturia Pigments2 for the same, but 20 months.  Then I thought "Oh, Arturia V Collection 7 is $24.99p/m".  That has 23 instruments modelled on classic synths & keys. I really don't want to spend more than that per month, but now I'm in 2 minds what to go for...

Aturia V collection 7 or Serum and Pigments2?

Has anyone on here got any or all of these?

The good thing about Splice, is that you get to try for 3 days for free, so I'm going to download one today to try.  Then do the same with the others at different times so I can have a proper play about with each.  But I'd like to know who uses them long term?

I'll have a look.  Over the years I've tried a few free VSTs.  u-he Tyrell N6 is pretty good (I believe it's based on the Roland Juno 106.

I've downloaded the trial of Serum & so far, I'm impressed.

4 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

Not sure if this is the short of thing you want but Cakewalk is free and comes with some of that stuff

https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk

I've recommended Cakewalk to a few friends recently.  I'm a Mac user & have Logic Pro X.  There's a good selection of synths & so in within it, but I'm wanting some good pro quality VSTs.  Having played with Serum a wee bit, I'm sold on it.  It sounds fantastic.  I'm gonna try Pigments2 & V Collection, but from what I've done with Serum so far, I think It's likely that I'll go with Serum & Pigments2.

• Like 1

Dont bother with Arturia vst stuff it's not quite in the same league now sound wise. However I use their hardware with C.V out with my modular I'm building. Best soft synths I have used are stuff like Rob papen blue 2 and the Spire synth is also amazing. The korg legacy collection has always been good although getting old now. Beware with synths like Spire and Serum as some of them are getting pretty CPU intensive if you are using them alongside other software DAW etc.

• Thanks 1