Why become a member? ×

Happy.... For how long?!

TRBboy

On 03/07/2020 at 10:57, Machines said:

It's not about being happy with what you've got. It's the dopamine hit of wanting something new, researching and getting it. 

Yup, that's it. I get quite a buzz out of researching  and shortlisting stuff and often nowt comes of it but I've had the hit.  Could be musical instruments, hols, cars, bikes, boots, drills. The processes are the same.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jus Lukin said:

When I saw your other thread I had to check back here to make sure I'd read it right! Was it not what you were hoping?

Its pretty damn cool, took it in a trade but to be honest I am happy with my lot so hopefully someone else can use it rather than it being on a pile of other stuff I don't use 🤣 If it aint broke....

I remember pre internet GAS.

Going into the music shop as a kid and just staring up at a bass.

Plus you could only see what the shop had in, so it really limited it.

Now, wherever you are in the world, you've got a million things to look at to make you want to buy and a million reviews and opinions to re-enforce it!

I often wondered why I had the same bass for 10 years without any GAS. Then the internet struck!

• Like 2

I have more than enough amps and cabs and more basses than a man should ever need. But it doesn't stop me lurking on Basschat and Ebay.

The only thing I now lust after, is a sonic blue Jazz bass. It would be cheaper to just get a refinish on one of my other Jazzes than buy one new, or secondhand. Which would be the sensible thing to do.

But still I lurk.

1 minute ago, gjones said:

I have more than enough amps and cabs and more basses than a man should ever need. But it doesn't stop me lurking on Basschat and Ebay.

The only thing I now lust after, is a sonic blue Jazz bass. It would be cheaper to just get a refinish on one of my other Jazzes than buy one new, or secondhand. Which would be the sensible thing to do.

But still I lurk.

Something like this? 😉

91572DB6-D4F2-4CC9-AE88-BEEFC5A0294F.jpeg

• Like 2

I Invested in Boogie heads and 2x15s in 1988 and haven't wanted any other amps since. My amps and cabs have changed but only for lighter Boogie gear making the same sound.

Bass-wise, I'm a dyed in the wool Precision player and have only bought other Pbasses so I don't have to take the old Fenders out on the road.

I'm the epitome of dull (and should be a Boogie endorsee by rights!!!).

I'm totally happy with my all my gear - more or different gear isn't going to improve my sound in our band.  Having said that, there are two or three things I would like if I had the money, but I'm certainly not losing any sleep or planning and plotting ways to gather enough money.

I think I've been cured of GAS for a few years 🙂

My main gigging basses and amps have not changed for ten years. 

But the pedals, the bloody pedals...there is always a pedal missing from my set up even when I have just bought a pedal.

After 22 years of playing bass I am using my lockdown free time learning how to play with a pick as well I can with fingers. As a result I now have ‘plectrum GAS’.

• Haha 2

I'm very new to playing (learning really) and already looking at a 2nd bass. I use a Ashdown B-Social to run a 210 cab as I'm only going to be a home player and the B-Social can be used as a bluetooth player etc. Hasn't stopped me watching proper amps on eBay etc as well.

6 hours ago, inthedoghouse said:

I'm totally happy with my all my gear - more or different gear isn't going to improve my sound in our band.  Having said that, there are two or three things I would like if I had the money, but I'm certainly not losing any sleep or planning and plotting ways to gather enough money.

I think I've been cured of GAS for a few years 🙂

You are lucky. I have GAS for other things apart from guitar gear. My GAS is terminal and can be very uncomfortable! 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, chris_b said:

For "proper" amps, look at the Classifieds on Basschat. You'll find better gear and better prices.

I do that as well, however, the problem with lockdown is not being able to have stuff delivered to the office....