NotAsGoodAsJaco

PRICE DROP ALERT! Ibanez BTB 1825 Permium now at £1100. Slap and Fingerstyle videos within!
£1200
London

Posted (edited)

Up for sale, my Ibanez BTB 1825. Excellent condition/as new.

Comes with original custom fit Ibanez Case.

35" scale bass with 19mm string spacing and a 47mm nut width.

Bought new from Thomann in Nov 2019. Dot markers added by pro luthier.

Low action, flat neck with  good feel. Just not the tone for me - I bought this bass without ever playing one.

Prefer a local (London and surrounding areas) but will post within UK. UKsales only

I believe these basses are discontinued.

Spec from Ibanez...

• Neck type BTB59pc Panga Panga/Purpleheart/Maple w/Graphite reinforcement rods neck-through
  • Top/back/body - Walnut top, Ash wing body
  • Fretboard - Bound Panga Panga Abalone off-set dot inlay
  • Frets - Medium Stainless Steel frets Premium fret edge treatment
  • Bridge - MR5 bridge (19mm string spacing)
  • Neck pickup - Aguilar® DCB neck pickupPassive
  • Bridge pickup - Aguilar® DCB bridge pickupPassive
  • Equaliser - Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ
  • Hardware color - Gold
  • Width 47mm NUT
  • Radius 400

20200702_142704.jpg

20200702_142711.jpg

20200702_142719.jpg

20200702_142734.jpg

20200702_142738.jpg

20200702_142744.jpg

20200702_143453.jpg

20200702_143532.jpg

Edited by NotAsGoodAsJaco
  • Like 2

Wonderful sounding bass and fabulous playing. GLWTS

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By EdLib-3
      1997 Ibanez TR200 Bass with 2 band active EQ (serial no: 6011374). I bought this from Japan, I've tried to find more details on these instruments, but this particular iteration of the TR200 only appears in a 1997 Japanese Ibanez catalogue, check the link for more details:
      http://brochures.yokochou.com/guitar-and-amp/ibanez/1997/en_22.html
      Excellent mid-level instrument, rare and very hard to find for sale used at a good price. No trade offers please as I need to raise some cash.
      Includes the following high quality upgrades: Kluson High Mass Bridge, DiMarzio Model P and J pickups, Jim Dunlop Straploks, and Gotoh GB528 Resolite lightweight tuners. Includes original Ibanez gig bag.
      The bass plays and sounds great, truss rod works fine and the neck is straight and plays great. Condition for this bass is very good for its age; just a small unnoticeable scuff to the finish on the edge of both the top and bottom sides of the body, and a slight bit of finish loss by the bridge pickup when it was upgraded. All unnoticeable unless you look very closely and carefully.

Collection from the Preston Park area of Brighton is strongly preferred as the thin Ibanez gig bag for this bass offers very little protection and I'm not keen on sending basses that don't have a hard case as couriers won't insure them. A meet-up within a reasonable distance from Brighton is also a possibility.
      Here's my feedback:
      https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/306417-feedback-for-edlib-3/
      Any questions, let me know. Cheers!
    • By gorandelac
      Hi all, I'm selling my Alembic MK Signature Deluxe with Coco Bolo top, so here is little about the bass.
      Bass has no scratch, no belt buckle scratch, it's almost as brand new, as you can see from pics.
      Scale: 34"
      Fingerboard: Ebony with abalone
      Top: coco Bolo
      Back: Coco Bolo
      Body: Mahogany with maple and purplehearth as accent woods
      Neck: Maple with Purple Hearth stringers
      Finish: clean gloss with satin finish on the neck
      weight: 5.7 kg (with 5 9v batteries that goes into the bass, 4x for LED)
      Electronics: volume, pan, 2x filters, 2x q switches, 1x LED on/off, 1/4" mono output.
      LEDs are amber and red (check pictures)
      Bass was done in 2015, so it has 2+3 machine heads.
      Bass has original case, papers, everything. New one like this is 17.600 dollars, you can check here on Alembic site my bass is Sig Dlx Coco Bolo.
      This is I think only signature bass in EU that is available with this price. For any questions you can contact me. Here are some pic that justify the whole thing, other pics you can see on my dropbox:
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/huwja8inhg3pt5e/AAAZ_-yhsAWuU_Zi-cx5C75fa?dl=0

Price says 6000 pounds but it's actually 6500 euros, just conversion is different every day.

Also check my feedback page:

• By Matt P
      I didn't know these existed! looks like a nice through neck bass that will be very well made if it's come out of the Overwater factory.
      I don't need this but the want is strong (even though i don't generally like Active basses and i'm playing short scale a lot of the time now)
      I have asked about the string spacing and the weight, i'm just hoping they come back and say it's a boat anchor with super narrow spacing so i can pass by. 
      Link to eBay

• By Chaos Daveo
      Hello All,
      Here we have an absolute beast of a bass, currently I'm bandless and as we know covid is effecting our fine art. It's priced to sell as I cannot really justify having three basses at present, Its a wonderful instrument to play and own, with incredible tone for days. Collection from Stoke and cash is king, as always. I wont dispatch, post or muck about with sending it anywhere, sorry that's my choice as I want it to be pristine when you get it. I cannot stress how comfortable the fanned fret is and part of me will be gutted to see it go, this gathering dust is just criminal. Happy Sunday, come grab a bargain..
      BODY WOOD:  Mahogany  BRAND: Ibanez FRETBOARD WOOD: Panga Panga HARDWARE COLOUR: Black NECK WOOD:  Multi Piece Neck  NUMBER OF STRINGS: 4 String Basses PICKUP CONFIG: J/J, Bartolini BH2 dual-coil pickup, 3-band EQ  TOP WOOD:  Burl  Dave.

• By Wilco
      Fantastic bass that I’ve thought long and hard about selling, but I need to raise funds for some other gear for a new band project that I don’t need this bass for.
      Not far off new condition - a light scratch on heel of the neck & a couple really small lower body dings is about it.
      Huge spec, loads of tonal flexibility & plays like a dream. Comes with the usual Ibby rectangular foam semi hard case
      Spec:-
      neck type BTB57pc Panga Panga/Purpleheart/Maple neck w/Graphite reinforcement rodsNeck-through top/back/body Walnut topWalnut backAsh wing body fretboard Bound Panga Panga fretboardAbalone off-set dot inlay fret Medium Stainless Steel fretsPremium fret edge treatment number of frets 24 (+ zero fret) bridge MR5S bridge string space 19mm neck pickup Aguilar® DCB neck pickupPassive bridge pickup Aguilar® DCB bridge pickupPassive equaliser Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/ EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot) & 3-way Mid frequency switch Gotoh tuners too & locking Jack socket.

No postage on this - pick up or collection from Swindon, or meet up say an hour away from here.