Why become a member? ×

Sterling Musicman Ray24ca/34

Basscabman

I have one of the older Ray34CA ones.Great bass and my own humble opinion is these are better than the regular Ray34. The EQ has a fat sounding bottom end with just enough treble/click/sizzle and to my ears always sounds warm and musical. The whole thing is put together extremely well too. 
I honestly have trouble finding fault with mine at all. Yes the neck could be a bit wider at the nut to help further the illusion and yes, while I would love a pre EB, a Classic StingRay or a regular 2EQ USA StingRay, this does the job I need it to do.
If you’re at home on a Jazz then the neck will feel familiar. MusicMan for a while did the SLO Specials which had a J width nut and those were always highly sought after by players wanting the MM tone with a J width neck. 
I haven’t ever played the newer Ray24.
I like the finish options and the price is lower but beyond that I don’t know anything about them other than what’s on YouTube videos of them. 
The Ray34CA basses don’t pop up too often, though are probably going for near what you can get a Ray24 new for. 

8C1B0368-D68C-4666-A91C-BB8AEFF50979.jpeg

93840B58-6517-4DD1-94D2-AEDC00426E62.jpeg

E5024037-67FF-4985-B2F8-EE5BEB6F9AC9.jpeg

• Like 3