Why become a member? ×

What are those ?

danny-79

Genuine question but I’m starting to see a lot of ???? about and not too sure what they are. 

My guess is 

A- some sort of valve pre-amp to sweeten up a class-D amp head. 

B- some sort of a fancy DI box

C- a mix of both 

any info on what they are/do greatly appreciated 

cheers ! 

5E201CCA-3D74-461C-ACBF-3F8E321A03D6.jpeg

Edited by danny-79
Improper use of the English language

2 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

Technically speaking, "these" are those but when they're over here.

No need to thank me.

;)

2 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

Also technically speaking, the plural of "these" is "these".

"Theses" is a whole nother thang.

I’ll sleep so much better tonight with this information. Thank you 

I used to have one - they’re a superb valve pre and DI - they offer a very polished/produced tone. I prefer solid state pres, however the Noble is probably my favourite valve type. Probably worth the price and hype but it’s all very personal and relative 

9 hours ago, three said:

I used to have one - they’re a superb valve pre and DI - they offer a very polished/produced tone. I prefer solid state pres, however the Noble is probably my favourite valve type. Probably worth the price and hype but it’s all very personal and relative 

I can’t see me needing one anytime soon seeing as I was unsure about what exactly it was yesterday morning. I have two class D amps I use, the one (Genz Benz shuttle) permanently had a tube compressor hooked up to it just for the simple reason of warming/sweetening the tone

1 hour ago, danny-79 said:

I can’t see me needing one anytime soon seeing as I was unsure about what exactly it was yesterday morning. I have two class D amps I use, the one (Genz Benz shuttle) permanently had a tube compressor hooked up to it just for the simple reason of warming/sweetening the tone

This sounds like a good idea and probably achieves a lot of what the Noble would do (without the price tag).  If you get a chance to try a Noble, they're definitely worth a look - I found it worked especially well with passive/traditional style basses.  I used it mainly with a Lakland PJ and P - the sheen of the Noble was less obvious with active/boutique basses (for me anyway).

6 hours ago, three said:

This sounds like a good idea and probably achieves a lot of what the Noble would do (without the price tag).  If you get a chance to try a Noble, they're definitely worth a look - I found it worked especially well with passive/traditional style basses.  I used it mainly with a Lakland PJ and P - the sheen of the Noble was less obvious with active/boutique basses (for me anyway).

The compressor I use is the old style Markbass Compressore. Is highly unpractical on a pedalboard (tube, Needs it’s own power supply etc) so have it mounted next to the shuttle in a pedalbox and adjust it accordingly depending on the bass I’m using. It’s is my favourite sounding compressor to date.  All my basses are active 

I have to say, the one in the photo doesn't quite look the same as everyone elses!

Mine looks like this:

pedalboard.thumb.jpg.15471a7f7d5674d4e4b3f1480916eae0.jpg

And I concur with everything that's been said about them.  Great with passive classic fenders.  I had to wait three months for mine and they are nose-bleed expensive, but Jack, the guy behind Noble is fantastic to deal with.

14 hours ago, Piers_Williamson said:

I have to say, the one in the photo doesn't quite look the same as everyone elses!

Mine looks like this:

pedalboard.thumb.jpg.15471a7f7d5674d4e4b3f1480916eae0.jpg

And I concur with everything that's been said about them.  Great with passive classic fenders.  I had to wait three months for mine and they are nose-bleed expensive, but Jack, the guy behind Noble is fantastic to deal with.

Yeah I see what you mean. There is an extra valve or something on the top plus a couple of switches to the left .

I now know they are made to order so some kind of special request maybe ?