Why become a member? ×

SOLD 1990 WARWICK THUMB GERMAN BUILT
£1300
Forest of Dean

paul j h

Great example of an early, 1990, German built Warwick Thumb Bass, 4 string, neck through. It comes fitted with Schaller strap locks, and a tin of Warwick polish with polishing cloth and a hard shell case, also included are extracts of information including care instructions from the Warwick website, and the data sheet for the EMG pickups. Please note the case in the photos is not included

This was arguably the finest period for Warwick basses, and this really is superb. It has a great action, with no neck or fret issues, it sounds amazing, with an incredible range of tones, and is a dream to play. It has the brass 'just-a-nut', individually adjustable nut. The serial number is B2138/90. The weight is approximately 4.5kg or 10lb.
Previous owner had it since the mid-90s, (I have only had it a short time), when bought from Mansons Guitar Shop in Exeter, and where it had replacement EMG pickups fitted about ten years ago. It has been well loved and well looked after. It is in generally fine condition, with only a couple of minor marks, and a thumb 'dig' by the neck pickup, which it is quite common to find on these basses. Please see the photo.

Please note, I would welcome cash on collection, and in which case you will be able to try the bass. However, I am prepared to travel a reasonable distance from GL15 (Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire), in order to meet halfway for contribution to fuel costs. I do have a large box so could post at buyers risk and cost

Please feel free to ask questions; Thanks very much for looking. Sensible offers considered!

1_20190820_110912.jpg

3_20190820_110722.jpg

5_20190820_105018.jpg

0_20190820_105006.jpg

2_20190820_104827.jpg

•  
  •  
  •  
Edited by paul j h
  • Like 1