Why become a member? ×

STRING WARS coming to a theatre near you!

Great stuff! 😄 

Funny, good presentation and visuals, no filler and just the right length. Well done!

I prefer the Dunlops myself. I like the natural crunch they have over the others, although overall I thought the Ernie Balls had the edge on the chordal playing. Just.

Interestingly, from your demo here, I mostly liked the Rotos more than the Ernie Balls whereas in 'real life' It's the opposite for me. 🤔

Edited by miles'tone
  • Like 1

Nice.. could maybe do with some observation notes...

Got some Dunlop Stainless Steel Strings, I notice the outer windings are a fair bit thinner than say the Rotosound Nickels on a 105 E. The thinner windings of the dunlops feel a lot smoother to play... How do the windings of the Ernie Balls compare?

Would you know if this is a Dunlop v Rotosound thing? or a Stainless v Nickel thing?

Thanks...

Edited by PaulThePlug

• 4 weeks later...

I found the EB Cobalt and the Rotos most to my taste. They both seemed to be bright enough but still have enough low end to enhance the subtle passages. The DRs in particular were not to my liking.

Incidently I was listening on my new Panasonic RPHTX90N headphones wired review to follow.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Funny because the Ernie Ball Super Slinky are always my favourite strings in your "demos" and I hated them on my Le Fay Remington Steele 6 RHT CC CAP Big Block (what a name, I know) as these were the strings fitted when I bought it. This is what Reiner and Meik fit at the factory.

But strangely, I quite like them on fretted basses. Go figure.

Great tests you're doing : simple and effective ! Straight to it. 👌

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...