Why become a member? ×

Bob Dylan New Album Sounding Great

Mykesbass

I know there is possibly more hate than love on here for Dylan, but he has followed up the extraordinary epic 'Murder Most Foul' with an absolute corker of an album, Rough and Rowdy Ways. Enjoy or mock to your heart's delight!

1 minute ago, SpondonBassed said:

Seriously though, I thought Murder Most Foul was a poor attempt to recreate Hurricane.

Although I like some of his stuff, Hurricane being the main one, I'm not a fan

I believe he's quite complimentary about your work B|

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 30/06/2020 at 17:46, ricksterphil said:

Mate of mine has the new Dylan album and waxes lyrical about it.

He's also a massive Tom Waits fan (my mate, not BD)

I have tried to give Dylan the listening time he's due but I just can't get on board with him - I've been listening to this album over and over hoping it would be better than the JFK track - some of the lyrics are just too lame - there are some that have a bit of chemistry in them - I just feel he's not making any effort with the structure of his songs, the melodies - it seems to me he's just going with his thousand year old voice and a monologue and hoping that is enough to win people over. On this showing I really don't think he *currently* can hold a candle to Tom Waits who also has that lived-like-a-drunken-hobo voice in addition to great story telling, wit, imagination and imagery in his songwriting. 

On 30/06/2020 at 16:54, SpondonBassed said:

Seriously though, I thought Murder Most Foul was a poor attempt to recreate Hurricane.

Although I like some of his stuff, Hurricane being the main one, I'm not a fan

There is a very good BBC Sounds podcast about the Hurricane story - well worth checking out imho.

• Thanks 1