Why become a member? ×

Darkglass Alpha-Omega with Focusrite Interface

erisu

Hi all,

Recently bought a used Darkglass Alpha-Omega Ultra pedal with the intention of recording this through my Focusrite Scarlett Solo.

I wasn't getting great results connecting the Darkglass 1/4 output to the Focsurite 1/4 instrument input then plugging my bass to the Darkglass 1/4 input.

So I read on another bass forum I could connect the Darkglass XLR output and run it into the microphone XLR input on the Focusrite. I purchased a cheap XLR cable, connected the two devices together (See picture) but as I loaded up Logic Pro I got no sound from this connected method.

Anyone know what's up here? Or is this completely wrong?

Thanks

IMG_9497.thumb.JPG.f28f283eb7186a7af5634afc747b3828.JPG

Edited by erisu

hmmm, should work. The routing config may have changed. Might be worth messing about with the input and output settings in Logic to see if that gets it working, but remember your original settings that worked with your 1/4" jack settings. Mono and stereo inputs may have changed now that your using XLR.

It works now! Weird it just suddenly worked yesterday :/ I guess I just had to restart my laptop as I gave up the night before then switched it on yesterday.

Struggling to get a good tone from the pedal now though compared to what I've heard online. Messing around with the settings to shape something.