Why become a member? ×

My Fender Flea bass

police squad

I bought this Flea bass when they first came out. I ordered it 4 years ago tomorrow.

I gigged it probably 70 odd times, the finish started to wear where I rest my forearm.

It now sits in the office and I occasionally pick it up, have a noodle and put it back.

Sell it, I thought.........................nah, can't be bothered

I've just sen someone looking for one in items wanted, couldn't be easier

I got it out and had a noodle....................nah, not for sale, what a superb bass

picture just because!!

20200630_133538.jpg

• Like 1

I've really fancied a Flea Jazz since they first came out.  I tried one in a shop in Belfast a few years ago and, although I was impressed, for some reason, I didn't buy it.

A few weeks ago I bought a used one locally.  I like the fact that any new dings aren't going to be nearly as annoying as on a non roadworn bass.  I love how the Flea feels and sounds and can't wait to gig it. That could be a long wait but band rehearsals are starting up again, so that's the next best thing.

Frank.

Bought one when they first came out, loved it, didn't play it, sold it. 

Missed it, so bought another from here, loved it, didn't play it, sold it.

Missed it, bought a THIRD from here, still loving it,  still not playing it as much as I should....

I don't learn from my mistakes...

Interesting to note that the relicing has changed slightly over time, mainly around the edges.