Why become a member? ×

Factually incorrect lyrics

34 minutes ago, paul_5 said:

Indeed; my brother-in-law (who is dyslexic) and my friend from music college (who is Dyscalculic) would argue this point at length.

And let’s not forget those who struggle with their Do Re Mi.

I’m sure that doesn’t apply to anyone on here😉!

6 minutes ago, Misdee said:

Opus - Live Is Life.  

The lyrics of this stunningly gauche  Euro hit from the summer of 1985 still haunt me. Every word is complete  nonsense . 

I saw one of the writers on TV explaing the idea behind the song - that playing music live is their life.

So does every word make complete sense now?

Edited by Nail Soup

7 hours ago, BreadBin said:

He was inspired to write it whilst sat in traffic on the M4 approaching the M25 interchange. 

memory admittedly not what it was was but I'm sure I recall an interview (either written or radio) where he said it was about the M3 🙂

32 minutes ago, davepb24 said:

memory admittedly not what it was was but I'm sure I recall an interview (either written or radio) where he said it was about the M3 🙂

Which isn't the road to hell, but certainly is the road to Basingstoke, so maybe he had a point

16 hours ago, BreadBin said:

He was inspired to write it whilst sat in traffic on the M4 approaching the M25 interchange. 

8 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Which isn't the road to hell, but certainly is the road to Basingstoke, so maybe he had a point

In a thread about incorrect lyrics this is unacceptable.  If he was on the M3 in the queue approaching the M25 he was on the road from Basingstoke.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicko said:

In a thread about incorrect lyrics this is unacceptable.  If he was on the M3 in the queue approaching the M25 he was on the road from Basingstoke.

But consider how far it is from Tipperary when you are in fact in Tipperary, pished up and singing It's a Long Way to Tipperary.

2 hours ago, SpondonBassed said:

But consider how far it is from Tipperary when you are in fact in Tipperary, pished up and singing It's a Long Way to Tipperary.

Must get my ears checked, I always thought the words were “it’s the wrong way to tickle Mary”

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nicko said:

I guess it depends how you see the numbers. I mean junction 1 is london side, and it goes all the way down to high numbers in southampton.

Life is a minestrone
Served up with parmesan cheese
Death is a cold Lasagne
Suspended in deep freeze
Love is a fire of flaming brandy
Upon a crepe suzette
Let's get this romance cooking, honey
But let us not forget

Life is a minestrone
Served up with parmesan cheese
Death is a cold Lasagne
Suspended in deep freeze

In your opinion 10cc, in YOUR opinion.

Ok, well heres a few , 

starting with one that is both factually incorrect and a display of monumental lack of self awareness

Jennifer Lopez - Jenny from the block

I stayed grounded as the amounts roll in - Hmm yes because nothing says grounded like boasting about your wealth

Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got , I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block - Of course because everyone from "the block" has personal assistants, and this would be the same person from "the block" whose staff are not allowed to make eye contact with her

Puff Daddy feat. Mase - ‘Can’t Nobody Hold Me Down

“Young, black and famous – with money hanging out the anus.”) Hmm why would you put your money in your anus?

Taio Cruz ft. Pitbull - There She Goes

There she goes looking like a star, With her body shaped like a rock guitar Err, her body is shaped like a guitar? I kind of doubt that

Radiohead - Street Spirit (fade out)

Cracked eggs, dead birds, Scream as they fight for life - Erm, if they are dead then how can they scream and fight for life?

Given the inexorable rise of globalism and the movement of heavy industry to territories with lower wage costs it is looking unlikely that Nigel has much of a future in British Steel.

And Stevie, your assertion in the early 80s that “peace has come to Zimbabwe” may  have been a touch premature.

On 30/06/2020 at 11:24, tauzero said:

Sometimes factual incorrectness can scan better, of course. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1500734/How-Katie-put-the-science-back-into-songwriting.html

Oh, and while I'm here (this is where I get carted away by the Basschat thought police) - Prince, although there has been red rain and the sky is indeed blue, that doesn't add up to purple rain. Although it's a bit late to correct you now.

And Simon Singh’s original column on it is here...

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2005/sep/30/highereducation.uk