Why become a member? ×

Factually incorrect lyrics

Herewith is the ultra-sappy 'I've never been to me'

First she starts off saying she's been to Georgia and California -not  mentioning specifically which parts but that's by the by. I've been to Rhyl and Clacton but it's not worth putting in song.

Then she says 'Oh, I've been to Nice and the isle of Greece'. This is where we know she's telling utter porkies about her travel adventures. If she'd really ever been to Greece she'd know that it's bordered to the north by Albania, Macedonia and Bulgaria and to the east by Turkey.

15 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I've just gone through a number of Bob Calvert's lyrics looking for non-sequiturs and although his musings on the nature of space are unconventional they have a disturbing tendency to be factually accurate.

I mean "Space is neither truth nor lies" isn't going to get you an astrophysics PhD but it's undeniably true...

However, I do think that Hawkwind exaggerated the capabilities of their silver machine somewhat. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Bobthedog said:

Highway to Hell? Rather than accuse this of being a lie, I will graciously assume a minor spelling mistake and believe you are fact referring to the M62  

Yes! I mean that would be an ecumenical matter!

3 hours ago, Dom in Dorset said:

"Early morning, April four
Shot rings out in the Memphis sky"
Martin Luther King was in fact shot at 6pm . This is one of many reasons why I don't like U2.

Early evening would have fitted just as good. This is why Bonio is such a twatt!

• Thanks 1

I'm a superstitious girl, I'm the worst in the world,

Never walk under ladders, I keep a rabbit's tail.

- Life. Des'ree

Oh Des'ree, if you thought having a piece of toast was preferable to seeing a ghost and you are kinda paranoid, you should probably start keeping a rabbit's foot.

Still. Despite all the cacky lyrics, it's a guilty pleasure of mine... and the lyrics actually make me smile.

3 minutes ago, TheRev said:

'Sorry seems to be the hardest word'

Well, you say it four times in the song, Elton, so it can't be that difficult.

'Anemone' is a much harder word than 'sorry' IMHO.

Try disesttablishmentarianism!

• Haha 1

Just now, Frank Blank said:

No, don't. I tried it and found myself branded an apostate, glued to the underside of a donkey and banished from the West Lothian Women's Institute Cake and Coffee Jamboree.

You as well, huh?

I miss the Madeira and Walnut ones the most

13 minutes ago, TheRev said:

'Sorry seems to be the hardest word'

Well, you say it four times in the song, Elton, so it can't be that difficult.

'Anemone' is a much harder word than 'sorry' IMHO.

I tend to struggle with the word 'trajectory', scuppered my career in ballistics. 

37 minutes ago, Bobthedog said:

Do you mean the M62? I was thinking of the AC/DC album. 😀

My car was once blown into the next lane by the winds atop the M62. Severely lucky there were no cars there, or I might not be here to post this!

6 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

No, don't. I tried it and found myself branded an apostate, glued to the underside of a donkey and banished from the West Lothian Women's Institute Cake and Coffee Jamboree.

An offering perhaps? Maybe the unborn foetus of a camel held aloft on a burning spear. I hear they are suckers for that kind of affair.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ubit said:

An offering perhaps? Maybe the unborn foetus of a camel held aloft on a burning spear. I hear they are suckers for that kind of affair.

Sir, if you are suggesting for a moment that the Women's Institute (West Lothian Branch) are some sort of pagan cabal then... oh.

5 hours ago, Dom in Dorset said:

"Early morning, April four
Shot rings out in the Memphis sky"
Martin Luther King was in fact shot at 6pm . This is one of many reasons why I don't like U2.

It was early morning somewhere on the planet. :|

• Like 2