Why become a member? ×

Factually incorrect lyrics

6 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

Sting may've been a teacher but clearly he never taught physics as he doesn't understand the impact of gravity and lack of said force on the human body or otherwise he'd know his legs would most certainly not break if he was to walk on the moon

However, he was a seer of sorts when he advised his pupil to socially distance herself from him while in the classroom

However, walking through  fields of gold? Come on. 

One of the densest metals on earth and you've somehow walked through a field of it. The bruises on your shins must be epic! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

“He’s got a brand new car. Looks like a Jaguar. It’s got a CD player”

Nope. On many occasions when I did have a brand new car it wasn’t a Jaguar. There were a few occasions when it had a CD player. 

However, on the occasion I did have a brand new Jaguar, a black XF I hasten to add, it didn’t have a CD Player. It had a hard drive system that allowed connection by USB or Bluetooth to allow files to be copied over for playing later.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

“He’s got a brand new car. Looks like a Jaguar. It’s got a CD player”

Nope. On many occasions when I did have a brand new car it wasn’t a Jaguar. There were a few occasions when it had a CD player. 

However, on the occasion I did have a brand new Jaguar, a black XF I hasten to add, it didn’t have a CD Player. It had a hard drive system that allowed connection by USB or Bluetooth to allow files to be copied over for playing later.

They must've been singing about the ill fated Rover 75. 

“I blame you for the moonlit sky”

How on earth can I influence the lunar cycle and adequate clear skies?

“And the dream that died with the eagles flights”

Unless I forcefully made the 70’s US Superband get on a jet and fly off, then no. 

And no, satellites do not sleep. They may go into a standby mode retaining an element of “being on” but actually sleeping? Nope.

Blancmange, Living on the ceiling. 

This song is sung in the first person but that would make the title (and content) physically impossible. 

Now if it were sung about a piece of blancmange that had been flicked up there by an unruly child then, although 'living' would be factually incorrect, then it would make much more sense.

Mr. Collins, buck your ideas up! 

There's a green one and a pink one
And a blue one and a yellow one
And they're all made out of ticky tacky
And they all look just the same

It might well be a thinly disguised dig at post-war suburbia and the inherent conformism of the vast majority of American citizens but green, pink, blue and yellow boxes, made of ticky tacky or not, are easily recognised as distinct and very different entities.

7 minutes ago, Maude said:

Blancmange, Living on the ceiling. 

This song is sung in the first person but that would make the title (and content) physically impossible. 

Now if it were sung about a piece of blancmange that had been flicked up there by an unruly child then, although 'living' would be factually incorrect, then it would make much more sense.

Mr. Collins, buck your ideas up! 

It is clearly about a party that I went to when I was young that got gatecrashed by some unruly youths who decided to have a food fight. Much to the annoyance of my mates Mum who had to re-decorate!

• Haha 1

I have serious doubts over Agnetha and Anna-Frid’s claim that they can “feel the beat from the tambourine, oh yeah-eh-eeeh”. Kick drum, certainly. Snare, possibly.  

Happy to be corrected though.

Edited by JJTee

I've been listening carefully for some time now and I've heard lots of things but NOT Radio Ga Ga or Radio Goo Goo either.

I'm also pretty sure Bono hasn't climbed Mount Everest as he claimed.

Edited by Japhet

I've just gone through a number of Bob Calvert's lyrics looking for non-sequiturs and although his musings on the nature of space are unconventional they have a disturbing tendency to be factually accurate.

I mean "Space is neither truth nor lies" isn't going to get you an astrophysics PhD but it's undeniably true...

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Japhet said:

I'd have to question Patrick Hernandez assertion that 'we were born to be alive' since there doesn't seem to be any real alternative.

You cannot therefore question it, it is true by definition. Please go to the 'Factually Correct Lyrics' thread. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, JJTee said:

I have serious doubts over Agnetha and Anna-Frid’s claim that they can “feel the beat from the tambourine, oh yeah-eh-eeeh”. Kick drum, certainly. Snare, possibly.  

Happy to be corrected though.

45 seconds with my 6-year old daughter and her yellow tambourine will suffice

• Haha 1