Why become a member? ×

Factually incorrect lyrics

7 minutes ago, T-Bay said:

To be fair to the Jam they do not state that the tube station was open, merely that they were in it at midnight. Perhaps a trainspotters lock in? Inadvertent problem following long visit to the Lav after a particularly  vicious kebab? The possibilities are endless.....

But Weller states that he was on his way home to his wife, and following the kicking was worried as they had taken his keys and his wife would think it was him arriving home, implying that the thugs had left and were heading to his home. Therefore the station could not have been locked. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Maude said:

But Weller states that he was on his way home to his wife, and following the kicking was worried as they had taken his keys and his wife would think it was him arriving home, implying that the thugs had left and were heading to his home. Therefore the station could not have been locked. 

Spot on, Poirot 😄

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ricky 4000 said:

If a picture paints a thousand words, Then why can't I paint you?

I don't know, Telly Savalas. Perhaps you're rubbish at art?

'Cos he won't put that bloody lollipop down to enable him to hold the paintbrush properly. 😆

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Maude said:

Why not? Perhaps the reason he got mugged was due to inadvertent lock in. I fear you would struggle to prove his story was untrue in a court of law...... 😀 Perhaps the tube driver accidentally stopped at the wrong station? Maybe that is why it was so quiet? Maybe I should stop this silliness and do something productive?

• Haha 1

Now, some of these are wrong;

1 hour ago, Dom in Dorset said:

Prince in his 1995 hit "All that glitters" wrote "Even at the centre of the fire, there is cold"

Well, this isn't entirely untrue, if you look at it like black spots on the sun. They are cold spots, and by cold, it means unbelievably hot, but not quite as hot as the stuff around it. The surface of a fire has more oxygen, so the centre probably is cold in comparison. Just don't put your hand on it.

41 minutes ago, Rich said:

"All she saw was a silhouette of a gun"

One can only assume that the gun was somehow hovering in mid-air, otherwise the silhouette of the person or thing holding it would also have been visible. The supposition is therefore that the events were occurring in an empty zero-gravity environment.

Or she saw the partial silhoette of a gun round  corner. Or she googled 'silhoette of a gun', in which case that would have been true.

41 minutes ago, Rich said:

"Four A.M. in the morning"
Oh dear. I don't think I need comment on this any further.

Oh that is one of my wife main beefs with people. 4 AM in the morning, 25kg in weight, the colour yellow etc.

24 minutes ago, Maude said:

It doesn't say that the thugs had been travelling by tube, they may have just gone there to look at the poster, and got him while they were there. If you see enough of the sweeny it would be apparent that they would have had a bedford van around the corner. Probably in green.

And I have been at a tube station at midnight which was still functional, in case of any doubts on that part. Maybe they had just been to hamersmith odeon to see Boney M and were on their way back? Almost certainly the tube would be open then.

• Like 1

Boston's 'More than a feeling', starts out badly...

I looked out this morning and the sun was gone... Hmmmm, no?!

If that were the case, this would imply that this occurred after the 8 minutes or so that we'd still receive the light from the sun after it had disappeared. If this was actually the case, rather than putting on some music to start his day, it's more likely that he would be trying to deal with the effects of the change in gravity, cowering in the wake of relentless earthquakes and tsunamis, and desperately to stay warm as the earth cooled rapidly as it plunged off into space.

• Like 1

Money, it’s a gas. Hmmm,  whilst I accept gas may have an intrinsic value and money is any item or verifiable record that is generally accepted as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts, I do not accept money can currently be a substance possessing perfect molecular mobility..

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Maude said:

17 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Now, some of these are wrong;

It doesn't say that the thugs had been travelling by tube, they may have just gone there to look at the poster, and got him while they were there. If you see enough of the sweeny it would be apparent that they would have had a bedford van around the corner. Probably in green.

And I have been at a tube station at midnight which was still functional, in case of any doubts on that part. Maybe they had just been to hamersmith odeon to see Boney M and were on their way back? Almost certainly the tube would be open then.

So you're agreeing with me, making your opening line of that post on factually incorrect lyrics factually incorrect. 😉

Hopefully someone will be along soon to decipher the lyrics of 'Tubestation' with a graph and some random statistics they found on the internet, then explain them to us all like a condescending know it all. 

😁

28 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Oh that is one of my wife main beefs with people. 4 AM in the morning, 25kg in weight, the colour yellow etc.

Strictly speaking kilograms aren't a measure of weight, but of mass. (If your wife is anything like mine though, I wouldn't advise pointing that out to her)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2