Why become a member? ×

Factually incorrect lyrics

Sometimes factual incorrectness can scan better, of course. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1500734/How-Katie-put-the-science-back-into-songwriting.html

Oh, and while I'm here (this is where I get carted away by the Basschat thought police) - Prince, although there has been red rain and the sky is indeed blue, that doesn't add up to purple rain. Although it's a bit late to correct you now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul_c2 said:

Whenever some crappy covers band does "Nobody does it better", I feel its my duty to point out that Carly Simon did it better.

And Radiohead did it even better than that, IMO 😜

Edited by uk_lefty
Radiohead should be all one word really.
  • Like 1

"Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak
Somewhere in this town"

I may be splitting hairs here, but its location isn't that much of a mystery.

EDIT: Mrs. Pook also just commented on the astrophysical impossibility of 'Black Hole Sun'.

Edited by ahpook
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, paul_c2 said:

Live and Let Die:

Its either "in this ever changing world in which we live" or "in this ever changing world...which we live in". NOT "in this ever changing world in which we live in"!!!!!

Grrr!!!!!!!!!!!!

So easily solved if they'd just gone for "in this ever changing world in which we're living" instead. 🙄

Edited by Painy
Woops, between to it!

Joey Ramone should have been brought to  task for his claim that post ‘teenage lobotomy’ he was bereft of a cerebellum; any fool knows that to lobotomise a patient involves severance of prefrontal cortex connections, whereas the cerebellum is found in the posterior of the brain. 

flipwit.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

Rest easy in future- I think it's "in which we're living". ☺️

On the subject of poor grammar in songwriting,  shouldn't 'Hello, is it me you're looking for?' be 'Hello, is it me for whom you're looking?'

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, AdrianP said:

On the subject of poor grammar in songwriting,  shouldn't 'Hello, is it me you're looking for?' be 'Hello, is it me for whom you're looking?'

From the video I don't think she was looking for anyone, but I suppose, "Is it me you're listening and feeling for?" doesn't scan as well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You gotta roll with it

- no i don't

You gotta take your time

- what if i'm late or in a rush?

You gotta say what you say

- how the hell could I not say what I say!?

Don't let anybody get in your way

- saying 'excuse me' usually works here

'Cause it's all too much for me to take

- THEN MAYBE YOU ARE THE ONE WHO SHOULD FECKIN ROLL WITH IT!

When Adele sung "never mind, I'll find someone like you" she didn't really think it through. Because, someone very similar looking and in the area, may well be their brother/sister or cousin; or a close friend, girls always seem to hang around with mates that look similar?

When I was at school, going out with an ex's sister not long after, actually turned out to be really annoying for the ex.

• Like 1