Why become a member? ×

Does anyone use an iPad for their set lists and crib sheets?

1 minute ago, Skinnyman said:

The Donner page turner from Amazon. Dead simple to use - the only thing that confuses me is that the iPad sees it as a keyboard so you can’t type anything while the page turner is connected, I always forget this and spend five minutes trying to work out when the iPad won’t allow me to type anything.

I think all turners are the same in this respect and, frankly, it’s more a reflection on my slow-wittedness....

Here’s the link; 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Donner-Bluetooth-Rechargeable-Reading-Controller/dp/B06XPV2GYW?th=1

Bass players and technology - it's a dangerous mix...

That's a bit more like it, pricewise - I'll check that out. Thanks Skinnyman.

3 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

The Donner page turner from Amazon. Dead simple to use - the only thing that confuses me is that the iPad sees it as a keyboard so you can’t type anything while the page turner is connected, I always forget this and spend five minutes trying to work out when the iPad won’t allow me to type anything.

I think all turners are the same in this respect and, frankly, it’s more a reflection on my slow-wittedness....

Here’s the link; 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Donner-Bluetooth-Rechargeable-Reading-Controller/dp/B06XPV2GYW?th=1

Yes, the Airturn is the same, but once you know it, it’s hard to forget (I think 😂).

I have tried few, and here are some thoughts about the page turners:

- what functions do you really need during playing?

- is the size and especially thickness something that fits your bass or effects case?

The one I have (PageFlip Dragonfly), has 4 buttons. Compared to the two button version (PageFlip Firefly) the 4 button version is much thicker and more expensive. While playing, two buttons has been enough. Between the songs there is plenty of time to change the song. That can be done by hand.

I do admit that I need to dive into the programming of the pedal. Those two extra buttons could be helpful, but so far the possibility has simply  been extra, if not even useless functionality.