Why become a member? ×

Sandberg Electra M4

Quilly

12 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

Parts are made in the East - all assembly and QC back in Germany, less colour and finish options hence lower cost, but quality  still excellent

All the hardware is the usual sandberg stuff though, it's just the bodies and necks made in the far East I think, and I think the bass assembled there, but then setup and QC in Germany. I believe. 

7 minutes ago, Quilly said:

Cool , excellent 😎

I've played a couple of Electra's briefly and they felt great, and having owned a Cort Arona previously (which were a similar deal), I can attest to the quality. 

If I had to liken them to the Fender range, I'd say they fall in the quality point maybe between the Mex and US range, possibly like a Japanese Fender? If that makes sense. 

They're great instruments. 😊👍

13 hours ago, Quilly said:

Pending sale of some gear I’ll be in the market for an MM type bass. The sandberg basic and human base roxy B4 also contenders . I just want that “stingray” sound from a more budget instrument. 

Ibanez ATK does the Ray thing very well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

Ibanez ATK does the Ray thing very well.

Good shout, they sound superb! The necks are quite a chunky profile though, which won't suit everyone. 

I had one back when I was doing some theatre work, and the sound engineer said it sounded better than my fender jazz or my Yamaha TRB!