Why become a member? ×

Status Graphite the only remaining option for graphite bass necks?

HazBeen

So I am slowly starting to think about my next build. I have to admit that I quite like the quick attack of graphite necks, so whilst I was thinking of building a neck as well as a body I am also contemplating getting a graphite neck (I understand wood, not carbon fiber :)..). With Moses gone (not that I mind too much, as they were not the best) is Status the only remaining place to order graphite necks? Modulus still isn't doing loose necks.

Or are there other options? Whilst I would not be too unhappy using a Status MM5 neck as the basis for my next build, a bit more choice would be nice.

Open to any suggestions.... may end up just building a neck as then I can have the exact shape I want.

It’s tough, I love a bit of graphite and Status hits all the spots for me, but I suppose similar to you the idea of experimenting and something different appeals.

For me though, the cost of a graphite neck,  is on the expensive side to get wrong is a nightmare esp if the dimensions are not easily Exchangeable with a status I know and love

Status, Jerry Dorsch (a former Modulus Graphite neck builder), Basslab (Is their production neck throughs only?), SKC Bogart, a (used) Steinberger XM, Schack, CarbonTech, and yes, Modulus used to make different necks. There are also some luthiers that build just few necks every now and then.

1 hour ago, itu said:

Status, Jerry Dorsch (a former Modulus Graphite neck builder), Basslab (Is their production neck throughs only?), SKC Bogart, a (used) Steinberger XM, Schack, CarbonTech, and yes, Modulus used to make different necks. There are also some luthiers that build just few necks every now and then.

Didn’t Bogart make the Schack necks? Certainly worth considering, although ideally I’d want multiscale headless.... which will not be possible. Hmmmmm, I should probably just do the neck in wood, as then I can do as I please.

I'm not sure if it's Bogart that made the Shack necks , or Shack who make the Bogart necks .

I think Stefan ships a lot of his work out , so might be worth asking him .

You might be lucky and get a result - not stuck still waiting 18 months for a bass and given the right royal run around , like me . But that's a story for another thread .

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Merton said:

Not sure whether he'd be open to making just a neck only but Mike Walsh of Zoot/Purple Chili fame has just started doing carbon fibre necks again :)

Beat me to it.

Edited by BassBunny
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, E sharp said:

I'm not sure if it's Bogart that made the Shack necks , or Shack who make the Bogart necks .

I think Stefan ships a lot of his work out , so might be worth asking him .

You might be lucky and get a result - not stuck still waiting 18 months for a bass and given the right royal run around , like me . But that's a story for another thread .

I have seen Stefan make the necks, so that I am sure of, if he still makes Shack necks I am not sure of.