Why become a member? ×

Suhr custom active jazz - WITHDRAWN
£1990
Athens Greece

PeteHantzios

EDIT -   100% original made in the US Suhr bass, you can check talkbass for more info on these, superb jazz basses, top of the line.

Got this recently, my first jazz in 15 years of playing:)

I love the sound, I love the neck, but long story short, my right hand can't get to terms with the offset jazz bass body.

And my wrist has started aching in the seated position.

It is honestly a heck of a jazz bass, at least on par with us sadowsky and lull.(not my opinion, but from a couple of friends with such instruments and experience).

EDIT - Amazing sound on this, sustain, warmth, definition, attack, growl, punch, you name it. No discernible usual fender dead spots.

Alder body

quilted maple top

one piece maple neck and fretboard

20mm bridge string spacing, 38mm nut

Slim neck front to back, very nice

suhr single coils

suhr electronics (bass, mid, treble) volume/volume(pull for passive) - no passive tone, you have to lower the volumes for decreased treble response.

badass bridge

4 kg 

mint condition

balances perfectly seated and standing.

1990 pounds shipped to EU and UK.

It comes with it's mint violin hard case.

IMG_20200627_202336.thumb.jpg.a46d391645400b9caf4dff330d402883.jpg

more images here

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-W53C-hh5XY2AkuenyJsE7C5_nQNVLwv?usp=sharing

thank you.

Edited by PeteHantzios
  • Like 5

On 19/07/2020 at 00:26, bubinga5 said:

Why this bass hasnt been sold is beyond me. They are amazing jazz basses.

Thanks for your words, in my opinion there are two reasons

1. People cannot play it and hear it beforehand ☺️

2. Everyone everywhere seems quite low on cash, especially for more expensive instruments 😐

By the way (and I write this thinking I might help someone), I tried solving my problem with the bass, since I really like how it sounds and plays for my left hand.

I installed a quickly made hand made wooden ramp between the two pickups reaching only under the e string, so I can anchor my thumb while playing the e string, since one reason of my problem was that I didn't like resting my thumb atop the jazz bass pickups positions so as to pluck the strings at my desired place along their length(ideally my thumb mostly rests between them). It seems to work well, and I will probably replace it with a full plexiglas ramp.

The other thing I'm about to do is replace the bridge with a ken smith original bridge I have sitting(high mass) since it has the same holes as the badass, and is 19mm instead of 20mm since I believe this will also help my aching right hand.

So as of now the bass is temporarily withdrawn until I see if this does the trick for me, where I will permanently withdraw the listing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PeteHantzios said:

This is the Suhr with the small ramp and the Ken Smith bridge. I didn't weigh it, but it seemed even heavier than the badass. The bass plays wonderfully now for my right hand, and as a bonus I think it looks prettier:)

So the bass is now withdrawn.

IMG_20200723_202248.thumb.jpg.55509aaab5ec73559e9b567e21ef8bae.jpg

Good decision.

• Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic