Why become a member? ×

Artec se3 preamp Info needed

Basscabman

Does anyone know whether it's possible to use this preamp without the balance/blend pickup control?

I'm sticking it in a Stingray copy next week and only need Volume, tone, middle and bass.

Could I just solder the pickup to where the balance control conects?

Cheers

se3-dim.jpg

Yup, I’d connect the hot and ground to the 2 input lugs. What I’d do is to use the wires from the header connector and attach them to your pickup wires instead of soldering to the connector pins.

Alternatively you can desolder the connector pins on the volume board and solder your pickup wires there instead.

I’d also check for continuity with a multimeter between the ground connection and the 2 solder points that you’re using - easiest way to find out which one goes where.

Edited by paul_5
Bonus material
  • Like 1

The balance is just there on the assumption that you have more than one pickup, if you don't it doesn't matter, it isn't really part of the circuit. As Paul_s says, just connect your pickup to where the balance goes.

On the artec it is obvious which pin is grounded on the board (i have put it in a few basses), not that it really matters either way, it is jut a convention. 

• Like 1