Why become a member? ×

NAD - Loads of watts

Bobthedog

New amp day for me, mostly driven through boredom as I was not totally unhappy with my previous main head. I wanted a change, however, and so here it is:

IMG_0366.thumb.jpg.a64eb4e6769f4094744d82eebb1cb70c.jpg

I have yet not had a chance to really play with it and it will take some time to dial in what I need through my BF Big Twin II. My Glockenklang Blue Rock was a little "stiff" in feel, but boy could it play a good clean sound and quite loudly when asked for; this is definitely a muddier and more bass heavy, albeit a bit more alive, which is what I am after. The Glock is also a much better build quality but also much heavier due to the huge power parts. This is physically much smaller. This is 1200 watts the Glock was 1000. Both at 4 ohms. My next gig will be a post lockdown picnic for the village, in a field with no PA or FOH. This should be able to be heard!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Ahhhhh yesssss!!! Superb! I have the B|Amp and I love the thing. It’s going nowhere! 

There’s so much available “under the bonnet”, a real tweakers delight, but plug and play is a breeze. Congratulations! Be sure to register your amp as Jim Bergantino sends out any (software) updates and tweaks personally! 

2 hours ago, Dood said:

Ahhhhh yesssss!!! Superb! I have the B|Amp and I love the thing. It’s going nowhere! 

There’s so much available “under the bonnet”, a real tweakers delight, but plug and play is a breeze. Congratulations! Be sure to register your amp as Jim Bergantino sends out any (software) updates and tweaks personally! 

Just dialled down the bass and upped the mids and treble and currently in Bill Withers heaven along with the Dingwall. I have registered as am very keen to get the latest "fat valve" update. :D

1 hour ago, Jus Lukin said:

Enjoy the Berg, @Bobthedog, let us know how it handles the outdoors! Are you on a stage or on the grass? I find that something magical happens playing loud on soil- the vibrations just travel through you in a different way!

Will do. I think we will be on plywood or similar covered pallets. 

I am still using my original Audiolab 8000 bits from approx 28 years ago plus Wilson Benesch Orators from 19 years ago (edited as my wife correctly pointed out it was 2001; the year I had a heart attack - I came out of hospital, picked these up the following day, collapsed due to the strain of lifting them (48kgs each) and went straight back to hospital that same day for another two weeks). Always loved the Mission Cyrus stuff however. 

Edited by Bobthedog

started reading this thread to see what lovely new amp had been bought (it looks excellent by the way) and is has become a hifi thread!

For all of those who always wanted a Cyrus amp, that was me as well (grew up near the factory and knew someone that worked there) well i finally bought one 5 years ago from someone on here and on Thursday it blew a fuse and is now in the hands of a repair expert, it might end up back at the factory if they cannot sort it. they are wonderful but i know that the Arcam i had before is still going strong even though it's about 10 years older. (i did consider a NAD at one time but missed out on it and the Arcam came up at a cheap price)

Matt

• Like 1

Hifi - right, then - I've still got my Pioneer PL12D record deck and a pair of Leak 2020 speakers, bought new in 1974 (46 years ago) and still going strong.
You just try telling that to the young folks today and they won't believe you! :D

• Like 1

On 27/06/2020 at 18:19, Happy Jack said:

Every time I see a Topic entitled NAD, I always (and I mean always) think of

128651100_NAD3020.jpg.810680a2b72f8d46e3202d1c2b144f72.jpg

:) I have one of these in the living room. I bought it from ebay, broken, for £20. Got it fixed up and it’s worked like a charm rver since!

On 28/06/2020 at 01:09, Bobthedog said:

I am still using my original Audiolab 8000 bits from approx 28 years ago plus Wilson Benesch Orators from 19 years ago (edited as my wife correctly pointed out it was 2001; the year I had a heart attack - I came out of hospital, picked these up the following day, collapsed due to the strain of lifting them (48kgs each) and went straight back to hospital that same day for another two weeks). Always loved the Mission Cyrus stuff however. 

Had an Audiolab 8000a with Gale Gs01 speakers for a long time. Wish I'd kept them as am still nostalgic for the way they produced music.

• Like 1