Why become a member? ×

SOLD😀👍Fender Stu Hamm Urge USA for sale. Excellent condition
£1050
Edinburgh area

wright/watt

Hi Folks.

With regret and up for sale only is my Fender Stu Hamm Urge bass USA in Burgundy mist..This bass is tantamount to mint condition!!

This has a wonderful playable medium scale (32) neck which you can fire around like nobody's business..This was the first Fender signature model bass, and was designed with Stu's collaboration with the custom shop team.This is a 93 model..

Alder body, maple neck, with graphite rods and fully functioning truss rod. 24 frets, String through body gold bridge (great sustain) gotoh lightweight tuners in Black. 4 bolt tilt adjustable neck plate. 2 noiseless jazz pickups and noiseless precision pick up. 18v preamp.3 way pick up selector.front precision only, middle all pick ups and back jazz pick ups.stacked controls front.top master volume, bottom jazz pick up pan. middle control, top treble cut/boost bottom bass cut/boost.this control acts as the tone control also when in passive mode..the last control knob is a four way position knob fully clockwise standby/off 1rst position with mid boost (can be adjusted by trim pot under control cavity) 2nd position mid without boost. 3rd position passive only..Very usable and easy to dial in your favourite tone..Comes with fitting Fender case..As the pictures will show the bass is minted. The only marking is on the bottom left by the strap button by a guitar stand.not even noticeable..see last picture..Price includes shipping to mainland UK I consider this to be an excellent price for such a pristine instrument.

Any question please ask..

Cheers.

IMG_20200627_124330.jpg

IMG_20200627_124813.jpg

IMG_20200627_124833.jpg

IMG_20200627_124848.jpg

IMG_20200627_123516.jpg

IMG_20200627_123448.jpg

IMG_20200627_124747.jpg

IMG_20200627_124616.jpg

IMG_20200627_123619.jpg

IMG_20200627_124730.jpg

IMG_20200627_124754.jpg

IMG_20200627_125211.jpg

Fender Stu Hamm Custom Shop Urge Bass 1992 Yellow | Chris's Gear Locker | Reverb

Edited by wright/watt
Sold/Hold
  • Like 10

Nice bass, the electronics look like a version of the kubicki x factor preamp, with that third multi position knob. If I remember correctly Hamm was well known for playing a Kubicki, who were a company with connections to fender.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Tdw said:

Nice bass, the electronics look like a version of the kubicki x factor preamp, with that third multi position knob. If I remember correctly Hamm was well known for playing a Kubicki, who were a company with connections to fender.

Yes it is thanks.This was the follow up to the Kubicki bass with the same 32 scale length..😀

Wow, thats a blast from the past. Had a jade green one back in the day. The pre amps were so extreme,  i could never understand how or why the fender circuits were so bland on the active deluxes ect. Especially when you factor in leo,s pre amps in the stingray and g&l,s. Proper slapper of a bass 😉

Fortunate enough in my time to own a Fender US version (this one) and the Mexican version with the two Jazz pick ups only.. Both were and are fantastic basses..The tone capabilities on this bass is vastly superior and you can dial in any tone you should require with the preamp..Plus with the trim pot inside the bass you have plenty of scope to adjust the amount of mid frequency.Plus unlike the Mexican version I had, this is totally noiseless. Also In the passive mode with all three pickups..just amazing..but for sure if slap is your thing..this does it with total aplomb!!! :hi::sun_bespectacled: