Why become a member? ×

SOLD Lightning Boy Audio LBA2020 x2
£235
Chesham, bucks

Dosi Y'Anarchy

Hi everyone, 

I recently acquired two of these, but I'll be honest, with my setup, it doesnt do too much. 

For those who aren't aware, they're audio transformers, they don't require power and are viewed by quite a few as a "secret sauce" kinda thing. 

Here's the website to tell you more

https://www.lightningboyaudio.com/transformer.html

Theres alot of gushing going on over on Talkbass, 

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/lightning-boy-audio-thread.1394265/page-4

As I'm not gigging or recording and I can't say it makes a massive difference with my personal setup, I thought i'd see what interest there was here. 

They've been out the box, tested and then put away, however I reserve the right to withdraw this listing when I eventually start running other things into them, like a pedalboard. I could have a revelation. 

These are retailing at $99usd, but then you have to pay shipping and not a small amount of customs fees and an extra fee for the pleasure of Royal Mail having to handle it. 

All in all I think i paid £235 and they have barely been used. 

So I think a fair asking price is SOLD and I'll include tracked shipping to a UK destination of your choice. PayPal gift/friends and family preferred. 

IMG_20200626_183940.jpg

Edited by Dosi Y'Anarchy
  • Like 1

I have a couple of these which I am greatly enjoying - albeit their effect is subtle and nuanced.

Their most obvious impact is with dirt - If you haven't already, I would highly recommend bookending your gain stages with these. 

Good luck with the sale!

• Like 1

Cheers! 

I'm glad you're enjoying them, I just recorded a demo vid. So I'll post that too. I used my Beetronics Fatbee to goose it and did notice a difference, it's subtle but it's real. 

Ultimately the 2020s are not boost pedals, they're not EQs or Preamp's and I think its important that people know what to expect when they buy one. But that will vary with where you place it and what you use it with and the effect is subtle. 

Obviously this isn't much of a sales pitch, but I think i overestimated how much i need audio transformers in my signal chain. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Dosi Y'Anarchy changed the title to SOLD Lightning Boy Audio LBA2020 x2