Why become a member? ×

Blue touchpaper lit

Happy Jack

6 minutes ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

I had the Vox standard bass  with a dimarzio  in that position. Sounded nice to  my ear for aggressive stuff. 

Me too....I bought mine off of a mate for £50 1983 to use solely as a back up, couldn't get away with it, would of made a decent boat anchor.

4 hours ago, Beer of the Bass said:

It makes some sense. I'm sure we've all played standard PJ basses where the J pickup had less output than the P, so putting the P in the bridge and the J in the neck might even things up.

Genius. Now both pickups will sound like sh1te.

• Haha 1

That headstock though. 

I’ve checked out that website before. Seems expensive for a semi-custom instrument. A Sire V7 or P7 bass comes with a preamp and is a lot cheaper, plus will have resale value....these seem likely to suffer the fate of custom instruments (serious devaluation) without offering the benefits (choice over most of the build options - though I’ll grant there are a lot here).

And a Sire won’t have that headstock. I’m not sure the Sire headstock is miles better, but it is smaller than that...thing...