Why become a member? ×

Sold! Gretsch baritone Bass VI
£420
Chesham, Buckinghamshire

Dosi Y'Anarchy

This came stock as a Baritone guitar Tuned to B, however due to its scale length, i've actually set this up as a Bass VI (so its a full octave down from a standard guitar E to E) with a set of Axion Custom VI strings from Newtone Strings. Of course, if you want it back as a baritone, just get a set of baritone strings and tune it up. It does both! Originally Gretch released this as a Bass VI but then got more sales when they tuned it up to B.

I bought it at the start of lockdown and used it on a home recording and as well as in a video, so overall its in great condition BUT there is a hole on the side where i have tried to fit a chrome armrest (ala fancy Gretsch guitars) but it didnt work out so i left it off but the hole remains.

The all-new G5260 Electromatic® Jet™ Baritone with V-Stoptail captures essential Jet power and fidelity at sub-sonic levels. The Jet Baritone rattles foundations with dual Gretsch® mini humbucking pickups that capture thundering lows while retaining a piano-like articulation and definition for intoxicating sonic size and width at every level of gain. Simple tone-shaping is provided by a three-position toggle switch as well as master volume and master tone controls. An elongated 29 ¾”-scale accommodates lower tunings without loss of string tension, while the sturdy bolt-on maple neck is topped with a comfortable 12” radius laurel fingerboard featuring 22 medium jumbo frets. Other premium features and appointments include an anchored Adjusto-Matic™ bridge, pearloid Big Block inlays, white binding with purfling and chrome hardware. Crafted with unmistakable Gretsch sound, style and playability, the G5260 Electromatic Jet Baritone with V-Stoptail shines in several finishes including Dark Cherry Metallic

Please note, everything is going via courier and ive found some things are taking a little longer. I will only send things fully insured and with couriers with whom ive had good experiences with. 

I'm looking for £420 Inc UK mainland postage, excluding Highlands. 

Payment via Paypal Friends and family / Gift preferred. 

IMG_20200423_143153.jpg

IMG_20200623_205046.jpg

IMG_20200623_205027.jpg

IMG_20200623_205022.jpg

IMG_20200623_205007.jpg

IMG_20200623_204957.jpg

Edited by Dosi Y'Anarchy
Sold
  • Like 1

Honestly it's great, it's just I prefer the twang of my Squier VI,

although the gretsch actually feels better to me, the string tension feels a bit tighter, the contol layout is simpler and I purposely got the stop tail version after trying to use the offset trem on the Squier and deciding I didn't have much use for it on bass and it also knocked the tuning out more often than not. 

The gretsch also doesn't feel as physically massive as the Squier Bass VI.... But I'm a glutton for punishment and I actually want to get a second squier and do it up to the 9s (as they say)