Why become a member? ×

EUB Hardshell Case Ideas

hazyjames

I'm looking for different options for my NS Design NXT4.  

I am currently using a Sportube ski/snowboard case. I've also used a case made from a pvc pipe.  

I do not like transporting it in just the gig bag.

Outside of trying to build my own case, which would be a disaster, I wanted to get some other ideas. 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, razze06 said:

Stagg makes a EUB hard case. My current Aria Eub came with one, and it works just fine. A quick search for Stagg EDB case will bring up soem options

I ordered one of those when I owned a Stagg EUB and was very disappointed with it, poorly made and not very robust. It was better than the soft case but I had to be almost as careful with it as I was with the soft case. I don't think the NS would fit in it. 

I just checked the Gollihur Music site and they sell a hard case as well as a replacement soft case and also a flight case for NS instruments. They are in the USA but ship world wide and provide excellent service, I have bought several items from them and had no problems with shipping across the border to me in Canada. They will answer emails promptly and figure out costs for shipping. I have no connection with them other than as a customer and as such recommend them. 

Edited by Staggering on
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hazyjames said:

I'm looking for different options for my NS Design NXT4.  

I am currently using a Sportube ski/snowboard case. I've also used a case made from a pvc pipe.  

I do not like transporting it in just the gig bag.

Outside of trying to build my own case, which would be a disaster, I wanted to get some other ideas. 

Thank you!

I use Skiss ski tubes for my skis and I would've though they were ideal with a nice soft bag to keep your NS off of the plastic. You're obviously experiencing some difficulty with this solution.

• Thanks 1

I've looked into the Stagg case, It is just a litte too narrow for the NXT, and I have heard it wasn't real durable but may have worked if it had fit.

Gollihur's has the tube case which is just like the ski case I'm using. I would live to have onw of their flight cases, whole much more affordable than the ones NS Design sells, still a little more pricey than I can afford. If I could find one used it would great. 

The Pelican m3410 Storm Rifle case seems like it might works. It's hinged and has foam that can be cut to fit. Also has wheels.

It's not super cheap but closer to my price range.  I wanted to explore a few more options before going that direction.  

I cannot believe there aren more cases that will work with an EUB.

4 minutes ago, ezbass said:

I use Skiss ski tubes for my skis and I would've though they were ideal with a nice soft bag to keep your NS off of the plastic. You're obviously experiencing some difficulty with this solution.

It's working but just not really what I want.  Might be better if I had a better padded bag than the stock gig bag.

6 hours ago, DaveFry said:

Try seeking     Golf Travel Case .

It's a good idea, except the EUB is 135 cm long... All golf cases come in just a little short.  I thought about it when I saw our drummer uses one for his hardware... Very durable.