Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky MetroExpress - new line impressions

danbanbass

So I’ve seen Sadowsky are releasing and what I call their attempt at a Lakland Skyline range, has anyone managed to play one or even buy one?

They look interesting and something that’d be up my street, granted the headstock logo is a little to be desired but I have heard this is due to a trademark issue that Roger is currently fighting to get back.

What do you guys think?

2 hours ago, danbanbass said:

So I’ve seen Sadowsky are releasing and what I call their attempt at a Lakland Skyline range, has anyone managed to play one or even buy one?

They look interesting and something that’d be up my street, granted the headstock logo is a little to be desired but I have heard this is due to a trademark issue that Roger is currently fighting to get back.

What do you guys think?

They have a good range of left handed basses out there but need to know more as it's a crowded field for jazz and P basses below 1000 quid. While I want a PJ on a J body which isn't so easy to get hold of I'm reluctant to pre order before knowing more about them

1 hour ago, uk_lefty said:

They have a good range of left handed basses out there but need to know more as it's a crowded field for jazz and P basses below 1000 quid. While I want a PJ on a J body which isn't so easy to get hold of I'm reluctant to pre order before knowing more about them

Exactly this but in a right handed context. I’m keeping an eye for on Thomanns stockist dates then do a google search to see if anyone has bought one before I pull the trigger.

• 4 months later...

From what I understand, it’s an interim/pre-production logo. There were/are some issues with the Sadowsky name/logo being registered by another party in China specifically, so they aren’t able to use it, something like that.

Unless that’s changed.

Si

Edited by Sibob

Just now, Sibob said:

From what I understand, it’s an interim/pre-production logo. There were/are some issues with the Sadowsky name/logo being registered by another party, so they aren’t able to use it, something like that.

Unless that’s changed.

Si

Why on earth did they substitute it with something terrible...? People are paying good money for these things....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

For a minute I thought that would explain why I've been seeing Sadowsky basses with a "Roger" decal on the front of the headstock, but then I looked it up and it turned out to be made in 2009. Whats this then?

https://reverb.com/item/36602301-roger-sc-5-left-handed-sc-5-jazz-bass-2009-white-wash-northern-ash-body 

Edit: sorry for the hi-jack!

Edited by LeftyJ

On 19/11/2020 at 08:09, LeftyJ said:

For a minute I thought that would explain why I've been seeing Sadowsky basses with a "Roger" decal on the front of the headstock, but then I looked it up and it turned out to be made in 2009. Whats this then?

https://reverb.com/item/36602301-roger-sc-5-left-handed-sc-5-jazz-bass-2009-white-wash-northern-ash-body 

Edit: sorry for the hi-jack!

Nothing to do with Sadowsky from what I can quickly ascertain from Google, 'Roger' basses appear to be "...guitars & basses were made in Germany by Wenzel Rossmeisl, who named his instrument line after his son Roger..."

Si