Why become a member? ×

Mr D

dondmusical1

On the other hand; basses left out of their cases get more dusty more often.

This may not be an issue to everyone, but as my time with my basses is very limited, I try to spend as little of it as possible cleaning them.👌

All personal preference.

I've not come across a single brand of coated strings that I liked the feel of. Others may have different opinions.

Keeping basses on stands means that they get played more. I'm far more likely to pick up an instrument and play if it's easily accessible. Keeping them in their cases is generally safer for the instruments although I did have one guitar whose finish was attacked by something in the lining of the case after it had been kept there without opening the case for over two years. 

Depends entirely on your situation, If I lived somewhere with large pets or small children running wild I probably wouldn't leave my basses out of their cases ever.

Edited by BigRedX

Strings -- for me, Elixir nickels all day every day and twice on Sundays.

Case/stand -- most of my basses live on a stand, in an old wardrobe. Best of both worlds... easily accessible, and free of dust. My Wal lives in its case primarily to keep it safe.

Elixir nanoweb strings for me, too, for bass and guitar (except for the Vreithin bass, with Trubass black nylons...). If anyone can feel the Elixir nanoweb coating, they have very, very delicate fingers, in my experience.