Why become a member? ×

The Best 40 Instrumental Hits

Happy Jack

3 hours ago, kodiakblair said:

Sleep Walk by Santo & Johnny.  Many a guitar hero fails to do it justice.

Beautiful song. Without wishing to bring things down, this will be on my funeral tunes list ☠️

• Like 1

Me at the moment. I am sitting in my music room practising away with my headphones on, even taken to recording but I can't do vocals as we have the omnipresent Son in Law and his French girlfriend who never go out for more than 10 minutes. It's driving me to distraction I tell ya!

54 minutes ago, ubit said:

Me at the moment. I am sitting in my music room practising away with my headphones on, even taken to recording but I can't do vocals as we have the omnipresent Son in Law and his French girlfriend who never go out for more than 10 minutes. It's driving me to distraction I tell ya!

Ahhhh, young love 💕 

1 hour ago, ubit said:

If he's your son-in-law and he has a girlfriend, how does your daughter feel about this? O.o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, mikel said:

Wonderful Land by the Shadows. Perfect, and simply beautiful.

Good call. Whilst not being a massive fan of The Shadows stuff, Wonderful Land is (for me anyway) their best tune. Great chord progression and at just a tad over 2 mins long a perfect pop single of the time.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TrevorR said:

Cissy Strut - The Meters

Colibri - Incognito (presuming that scatting doesn't count as words)

YYZ - Rush

La Villa Strangiato - Rush

Rhayader - Camel (or in fact, the entire Snow Goose album)

Telstar - The Tornados

Oxygene and Magnetic Fields - Jean-Michel Jarre

That should empty the dance floor more quickly than you can say 'Jessica'.

• Haha 1

Machine Gun by The Commodores. Bonus points for bassist Ronald LaPread having his name in big letters on his Acoustic head, and for Lionel Ritchie going full on Space Rock at one point on keys:

...and my favourite music video of all, space-surf legends 'Man...or Astroman?' with 'Miracle of genuine pyrex'. Caution: not a hit.