Why become a member? ×

Pubs opening July 4th - Gigs?

ClassicVibes

1 hour ago, BassBunny said:

It's what clothing shops have to do with clothes that have been tried on. Same with Charity Shop donations, 72 hrs in quarentine before they can go on sale.

Not quite the same as a wet mic grill with potentially a high viral load from being sung into.

Nobody sings into a shirt when trying it on.

9 minutes ago, Sibob said:

I suppose gigging outside, with distancing regs in place, would be less of a problem if everyone wore a mask huh

Si

Ha, I knew a Slipknot tribute band would be worth doing!

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, cheddatom said:

yeh but we can wipe them down. It's the baskets/foam on the mic, I doubt there's a practical way to adequately sanitise them

Reminds me of when I went to see Jeff Healey play at the Rescue Rooms in Nottingham many years ago now.  During soundcheck, a young woman in the crew tested the mics for feedback by putting her mouth right over the basket on each one in turn..........don't know why that has stayed with me..........

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, mikebass456 said:

During soundcheck, a young woman in the crew tested the mics for feedback by putting her mouth right over the basket on each one in turn..........don't know why that has stayed with me..........

I'm sure we worked with her..... she was a real party girl.... very popular backstage after for some reason....

• 2 weeks later...
Posted at 17:1017:10

When will things re-open in England?

That is a raft of announcements from the culture secretary.

But when will people in England be able to take advantage?

• Outdoor pools will be able to re-open on 11 July
  • Indoor gyms, swimming pools and sports facilities will then be able to re-open from 25 July
  • Grassroots sport will be able to return from this coming weekend, beginning with cricket (other sports will follow)
  • Outdoor theatres will be able to start up from Saturday
  • Small pilots of indoor performances with socially distanced audiences will also take place to help work out the best way to get them up and running
  • From Monday 13 July, beauticians, tattooists, spas, tanning salons and other close contact services can reopen "subject to some restrictions on particularly high-risk services"

1 minute ago, Bobthedog said:

This very much says so, although I did not hear the actual speech:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53355001

Well ... ish.

"I'm really urging people to get out there and to play their part: buy the tickets for outdoor plays and musical recitals, get to your local gallery and support your local businesses," he said.

Not sure I've ever really considered my gigs to be "musical recitals" but I'll take what I can get.

The published guidance

"We have developed a five-stage roadmap to bring our performing arts back safely. These five stages of the phased return to performing arts are as follows:

Stage One - Rehearsal and training (no audiences)

Stage Two - Performances for broadcast and recording purposes

Stage Three - Performances outdoors with an audience and pilots for indoor performances with a limited socially-distanced audience

Stage Four - Performances allowed indoors and outdoors (but with a limited socially-distanced audience indoors)

Stage Five - Performances allowed indoors / outdoors (with a fuller audience indoors)

On the date of publication we are at Stages One and Two of this roadmap. This means that we are now supporting musicians, dancers and actors, and the technical and operational teams that support performing arts production, to safely resume training, rehearsals and recorded performances where organisations wish and are able to. Dance studios can also reopen for professional dancers and choreographers, and should follow guidance on indoor sports facilities.

From the 11th July, we will move to Stage Three. This means that performances outdoors with a socially distanced audience can take place in line with this guidance. "

My first gig is two weeks Saturday - an outdoor private party at a country pub with social distancing - we might have to put our sax player and singers being plastic screens though hahaha!! 

Seriously, I shall be aiming to stand behind where they are and might wear a face covering. And staying at least 1 metre from any band mates. 

Im sort of looking forward to it. 

Edited by drTStingray
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, colleya said:

Outdoor gigs allowed soon. No official date but it looks like the middle of the month.

If you check my post two back the bit in bold tells you the official date - 11th July. 

14 minutes ago, colleya said:

Outdoor gigs allowed soon. No official date but it looks like the middle of the month.

The wording looks like rehearsal rooms will be able to open soon too.

BBC News - Coronavirus: Pools, gyms, team sport and outdoor gigs to return
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53355001

Got 2 gigs confirmed today, both outdoor Festivals which is pretty cool. Been able to use rehearsal rooms for weeks, all marked out for social distancing. Thankfully it looks like things are starting to move, until the stinky poo hits the fan that is.

• Like 3

Just now, walshy said:

Got 2 gigs confirmed today, both outdoor Festivals which is pretty cool. Been able to use rehearsal rooms for weeks, all marked out for social distancing. Thankfully it looks like things are starting to move, until the stinky poo hits the fan that is.

Our rehearsal rooms are open, but only 2 households per room max, so that rules us out.