Why become a member? ×

SOLD Yamaha BB1024x
£475
West Oxfordshire

FinnDave

NOW SOLD

Yamaha BB1024x for sale in unblemished Vintage white. I acquired this bass a few weeks ago as a swap for a six string bass I had stopped playing, in truth I also needed the space and money released by the six string. I am selling it now before I start gigging it and getting attached to it.

The Yamaha is a lovely bass, in excellent condition, the only non-original parts are the Gotoh machine heads, which the original owner put on in place of the heavier originals to prevent neck dive. It balances very well on a strap and sounds great - though I haven’t had a chance to play it with a band since buying it.

I did not get a case with this bass, it was couriered from another part of the UK in a good solid cardboard box. As far as I am aware, couriers require instruments to be in hard cases or they refuse to insure them, so the bass has to be collected, or for the buyer to meet up with me at a mutually agreeable place.  I live in west Oxfordshire, between Oxford and Swindon.

IMG_2189.jpeg

IMG_2191.jpeg

IMG_2198.jpeg

IMG_2196.jpeg

Edited by FinnDave
  • Like 6

Even half way is quite a drive from either end, unfortunately. It arrived in a strong cardboard box (Ibanez bass box) with a lot of bubble wrap, and was in perfect condition when it arrived, but I am wary of sending a bass uninsured as I have experience of them being damaged in transit in the past.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FinnDave said:

Even half way is quite a drive from either end, unfortunately. It arrived in a strong cardboard box (Ibanez bass box) with a lot of bubble wrap, and was in perfect condition when it arrived, but I am wary of sending a bass uninsured as I have experience of them being damaged in transit in the past.

That's when it gets messy 🙄

1 hour ago, Fil1ip said:

That's when it gets messy 🙄

Half way between Hull & where I live is apparently Kegworth in Derbyshire, 99 miles from each of us (depending where in Hull you live, of course). 

Donington services on the M1 is very close to the half way mark. Pity I can't rehears at the moment, when we do, I travel up to Leicester, only another ten miles to go from there!

Edited by FinnDave
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marky Screen said:

Oh dear just sold my 424x and bought a 734A having given up waiting for one of these in white to come for nearly a couple of years.....

According to the law of sod, there'll be another half a dozen advertised here by the end of the day!

I have the 5 string version of this. I flippin love it. Everything about them is quality, nothing on them appears to be built to a price point. They are just good solid passive instruments.  I have tried to think about how they could be improved and I just can't.. I have replaced the knobs on mine for some nickel ones, and the pickup selector knob has been replaced with a chrome one and that's it.  Bargain price this too. 

Great bass from a great seller!

5 hours ago, Marky Screen said:

Oh dear just sold my 424x and bought a 734A having given up waiting for one of these in white to come for nearly a couple of years.....

Yup they don't seem to come up in vintage white very often and they do just look great, don't they?

Would it be too crazy and get the 1024X and move your 734A on?! :crazy:

11 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Great bass from a great seller!

Yup they don't seem to come up in vintage white very often and they do just look great, don't they?

Would it be too crazy and get the 1024X and move your 734A on?! :crazy:

Yeah the 1024x has the looks for me.

Is it crazier still to have both 😬

TBF the revisions to the new BBs are great and make them ever more versatile IMO. Just that new scratchplate design?! What were they thinking 🤪

• 2 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic