Why become a member? ×

Pre EB ‘82 Music Man Stingray **SOLD**
£1760
Ireland

drewk_ie

So with an imminent arrival of a new bass 😉, I’ve decided to sell my Pre EB ‘82 Stingray... four bolt neck, the neck is straight, trussrod has life left, frets are in pretty good shape. Original preamp with electrolytic capacitors, linear taper volume pot, factory installed protection resister etc and is all very musical and effective, and gives with the pickup that sound only pre-EBs got, as we all well know! 

Easy to play with a nice low-medium action, a comfy C-shaped neck and an instrument on light side for a Stingray, weighing in at 9lbs.

Every part of the bass (except strings and 9V battery of course !) is original. There's no date stamp on the neck-heel, but it does happen, as you can see on Music Man inventory (musicmanbass.global).

The bass has a very beautiful dark veneer rosewood fingerboard, which was a custom order option at this time I believe.
Serial number B023268
Bass will be sold with a soft case.
Priced at £1760 Including shipping, (fees/duty etc if applicable to your location are not included).

Edited by drewk_ie
Sold
  • Like 11

This is very nice indeed. I have a Musicman Sabre with a maple neck from 1980 and the neck is lovely. I see your bass neck has M S B stamped on it. Strange there is no date on it but everything else points to 1982 anyway (from April to late 82 IMO). Correct me if i'm wrong but I believe rosewood fingerboards became an option from late 1979. Lovely bass sir. 

Edited by clarkpegasus4001

• 2 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic