Why become a member? ×

Limelight Heavy Relic P Bass NOW SOLD, PLEASE LOCK
£750
South Somerset

therasonic450

Superb example of Mark's work.

From Limelight:

Limelight 00180 was ordered as a bit of a custom hybrid. Generally it had 1970's features ("F" neck plate with rubber bumper, plus 1970's Big TV logo with tinted headstock face and spray over the logo - we tend to tint the headstock faces a little darker on the 1970's ones as that is how they tend to go with age)

The purple colour was never offered by Fender was but was ordered especially (over a white base coat - I thought it turned out pretty well) It was also ordered with both chrome covers (Genuine Fender, aged to match) and the gold anodized guard was from the 50's and an extra cost option as well.

The bass was finished 9th June 2016 so just over 4 years old.

It has also been fitted with a Stellartone Tonestyler which has a 10 - position knob to give you very accurate tone changes & much more flexibility especially in the mids. You can find details on Google & they are available from Bass Direct for about £110. 
Very comfortable to play & everything works as it should. Looks great under lights, the purple over white really stands out & it thumps like a good P-Bass should
Comes with a virtually new Hiscox case, width at the nut is 38mm, weight is 4.25kg [ 9.4lb ] but doesn't feel that heavy.

Don't really want to sell this but current playing conditions and advancing age mean that I need to cut down a bit on gear, so not looking for trades, there's nothing I want! Will listen to offers but please be realistic!

Can ship but would prefer buyer to arrange their own courier. Have got suitable box to send it

DSCN0782.JPG

DSCN0783.JPG

DSCN0784.JPG

DSCN0786.JPG

DSCN0787.JPG

DSCN0788.JPG

DSCN0789.JPG

• Like 12

Very well, build quality is really good & significantly less expensive than an equivalent Fender.

There will always be the 'nay-sayers' & those who don't like the reliced look but this plays like a dream & I'm not worried about the odd extra ding which I would be if I'd paid significant money for a Custom Shop or vintage model.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, therasonic450 said:

Very well, build quality is really good & significantly less expensive than an equivalent Fender.

There will always be the 'nay-sayers' & those who don't like the reliced look but this plays like a dream & I'm not worried about the odd extra ding which I would be if I'd paid significant money for a Custom Shop or vintage model.

Do they have fender on the headstock 

4 hours ago, therasonic450 said:

These play better than Fenders in my opinion having had both.  I still have a Limelight 62 P-Bass and used to own this very one shown here....... I even fitted the ToneStyler in it.  

This one plays great and makes me wish I'd not sold it, but had too many at the time 🙂   The chap I bought it from was the one who placed the order originally and I only got it from him when he decided to go back to a Jazz, as he was a big Jaco fan.  

• Like 1

Disclaimer: the F-word is not me. I have played fine ones (CS etc.), but they are not me at all.

A neighbour of mine had two Limelights and the necks were like butter. Exceptional instruments, both felt a bit like a beaten and heavy Sadowsky without electronics.

I usually don't like maple necks, but this looks surprisingly good. Also the price seems to be very decent.

• Like 2

• therasonic450 changed the title to Limelight Heavy Relic P Bass NOW SOLD, PLEASE LOCK
  • MB1 locked this topic