Why become a member? ×

DHL Delivery

petetexas

Hi all ,

Thought you may like to see the latest delivery from DHL of my New Gretsch Case..........as left by the driver . If I had been present , I would not have accepted it .

If I wanted ventilation holes in the case I would have asked Gretsch for them .

The forklift hit the case that hard , that it pushed some of the outside packing inside the case .

Question ....is it DHL or Andertons responsibility ?

See pics......

Pete

NOW HAVE MY REPLACEMENT CASE - DELIVERED BY DPD - NO FORKLIFT DAMAGE (06/07/2020)

20200622_110659.jpg

20200622_110707.jpg

20200622_113228.jpg

20200622_113213.jpg

20200622_113223.jpg

20200622_113319.jpg

20200622_113454.jpg

20200622_113501.jpg

Edited by petetexas
  • Sad 1

I'm sorry your delivery guy thought that his forklift could be used as a forkscrew.

Fork him!

I can't really see how it might be the shop's responsibility? This obviously looks like shipping mishandling. Keep us updated. Horrible experience :( 

14 minutes ago, petetexas said:

Question ....is it DHL or Andertons responsibility ?

It doesn't really matter to you who did the damage.  Contact Andertons and they will sort it out.  

(Separately, if Andertons want some recompense from DHL, that is entirely their business between them and DHL - you're not a party to that contract, you're not involved in that dispute.)

• Like 2

"That" is what the couriers always do our parcels.😉

They absolutely don't care !

Reminds me of a combo I ordered years ago. The driver even tried to hide the forklift impact when presenting me the parcel on the side where there was no traces. In fact, the forklift went through the combo from side to side of the parcel. Nice job. As I noticed it, I refused the parcel of course, telling the driver that he shouldn't even have tried to deliver it.

• 11 months later...

Left it to Andertons , they sorted a replacement within 2 weeks .

The thing l was really annoyed about was the way the driver placed the case with the damage hidden from my wife against the wall , so she could not see it .

Never seen the driver since  on our round .

If possible I'd always specify   "Do not send by DHL".   I've had problems with them more than once, stuff just vanishing seems a common one, I very recently had a GAK order like this... It was a  " give me a refund now and you sort it between yourselves please" job... which they did, but would rather have had the item delivered in the first place as you'd expect..