Why become a member? ×

SOLD 1972 Fender Precision Bass Lake Placid Blue SOLD PLEASE REMOVE
£2750
Walsall West Midlands

Daveyboyrooster

Redundancy sadly forces the sale of my pride and joy go to fender precision bass! bass is a 1972 fender precision.  Super light weight with loads of punch from the original 1972 pickups! it has been lovingly refinished in lake placid blue over Olympic white it is all original except for the following 1) scratch plate/pic guard 2) brass nut and 3) Potts and Jack socket, although I have the original Pots and Jack socket and these will go with the bass. 
 it will be shipped in a good quality repro Fender tweed hard case anywhere in the EU at buyers cost.

viewing encouraged and welcome following social distancing rules of course. further photos available  upon request.

NO TRADES!

Edited by Daveyboyrooster
Sold
  • Like 11

For those like me who had a hard time with the A, B, C, D, V, U tyupe of neck : 

As to the letter designations, "A", "B", "C" and "D". These were stamped on the end of the necks from the early 1960s to about 1973 and refer to the neck width at the nut - not the shape. 

A = 1½"
B = 1⅝"
C = 1¾"
D = 1⅞"

ANd then you have the profiles U, Soft V, HArd V, C and D. 

Kind of my dream PBass here, especially with the refin (or was it originally refin ? ) but I love C nut on my P-Bass... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

@Daveyboyrooster - firstly, I'm sorry to hear of your redundancy woes :(
Secondly, I've dealt with Daveyboy in the past, and he's a decent sort, and good, trusted BC'er - so buy with confidence folks

Thirdly, thanks to @Henrythe8 for that concise list of neck profiles... very useful, cheers

Fourthly (if there's such a word) GLWTS mate, and all the best for a decent outcome re the job situation

• Like 1

Apologies fellow base chatters for any misleading information given about the neck of this bass.
 I purchased this bass from a fellow basschatter a couple of years ago. He described  it as an ‘A’ profile neck and I never bothered to take the neck off and check, but, as I recall it felt really slim! However, I’ve just taken the neck off to add some more photos and it turns out it’s actually a B profile P bass which for the uninitiated is 15/8’’ width at the nut.

• MB1 locked this topic