Why become a member? ×

Players with short CVs you'd like to've heard more from

My fave bass players are those with pretty long resumes  but there are several others I reckon could've been up among the bass greats if they had longer CVs ..

Stuart Zender -  well there are the first 3 Jamiroquai albums and then errrm...

Michael Dempsey - lent some great lines on the first two Cure albums and Sulk & 4th Drawer Down by The Associates and hmmm sappy Scouse pop combo The Lotus Eaters. Seems to've been lying low ever since

Deon Estus - played much of the bass on Wham's three albums and then nada as far as I know

Stuart Morrow - came out of the gate strongly on the first two New Model Army albums then seems to have sunk without trace

Brad Lang - played on 7 of the 10 tracks on Lexicon of Love by ABC. Check out the peachy lines on Valentine's Day, Many Happy Returns and 4 Ever 2 gether. Tried Googling him . There's a Brad Lang who plays with some US metal band called Y & T but I doubt it's the same bloke

So, who else is worth unearthing then?

Edited by Barking Spiders

Floyd Lawson and Vivian Weathers from the early Linton Kwesi Johnson albums. Beautiful, simple song serving bass playing and no idea what happened to them after.

John Wilson who played on Heaven 17s superb debut Penthouse and Pavement, brilliant slapping (and I usually dislike slap) excellent guitarist too. I think he was shafted on a couple of recordings afterwards for other bands and then seems to have vanished.

9 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

John Wilson who played on Heaven 17s superb debut Penthouse and Pavement, brilliant slapping (and I usually dislike slap) excellent guitarist too. I think he was shafted on a couple of recordings afterwards for other bands and then seems to have vanished.

Yep, a short lived career of 4 tracks