Why become a member? ×

NBD Moollon P classic

Kevsy71

2 hours ago, Sibob said:

I was actually very close to changing the spec of mine (mid-build queue) after I saw him play at Jazz Cafe with Forq.

For me, I’m not aware of anyone building true 60’s spec Fenders (less the ebony fingerboard) for this price. YJ has even researched his own metallurgy mix for the hardware to match Fenders recipe. They’re a good grand cheaper than Custom Shop.

I was also swayed somewhat by Tim Lefebvre and Kevin Scott using them as their main instruments

Si

cheers - you mentioned $2249 new earlier- I'm guessing USD$ is that including taxes and import etc? 

2 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

cheers - you mentioned $2249 new earlier- I'm guessing USD$ is that including taxes and import etc? 

Yes, Moollon work in dollars. That price includes delivery, but not taxes/import (no company would include that).

They do have some limited costed options available too, metallic/sparkle finishes are extra etc.

Si

6 minutes ago, Sibob said:

Yes, Moollon work in dollars. That price includes delivery, but not taxes/import (no company would include that).

They do have some limited costed options available too, metallic/sparkle finishes are extra etc.

Si

so about £1800 plus taxes/import... around £2.25k all in? 

Cheaper than fender custom shop!

2 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

so about £1800 plus taxes/import... around £2.25k all in? 

Cheaper than fender custom shop!

I'll let you know the import costs when it arrives :). But yes, ballpark.

Si

• Like 1

On 24/06/2020 at 20:24, LukeFRC said:

For the rest of us who only see pictures on line of them: why moollon? And why over any of the other similar options out there?

Further to Si's answer: for me it was particularly the neck, based on praise from Scott Devine (as well as the aforementioned Tim Lefebvre and Kevin Scott). It's the first J width neck I've really got on with, fantastic rolled edges and a fast feel. Would love to try one of their Ps with a P neck too!

Plus I really love that colour, can't image what the Fender CS cost would be to replicate that...