Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Condition

Frank Blank

If you feel you could tolerate that level of ‘relicing’ I’d put it back to Andertons for a second opinion on Monday. 

Don’t feel they’re chancing it. It’s weekend staff, and they’ll also likely have folk on furlough / WFH. Could be someone junior has made the call and erred on side of caution.

When someone experienced sees that specific damage they’ll give a sizeable discount, knowing how they’d have to price in store. 

Edited by Drax
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

Exactly what I’m doing. Anyone asked for an ex display discount before? How much are we talking?

I purchased an brand new American Precision from PMT a couple of year's ago, it arrived in perfect condition but I noticed that the case candy (Fender tags etc) was missing, I called them and they refunded £50 to my bank account without any hassle. 🙂

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't unless its cheaper. they are not uncommon items and you can get a good one for less. TBH, I probably wouldn't go for that for quite a bit of a discount. I would go for bax, i have had no problems with them. Or PMT. I am not a fan of GAK but I have not actually had any trouble with them.

• Like 1

Just now, Reggaebass said:

How did I miss this, I was looking at those only  last week, did you buy it Frank 

I didn’t. After being offered a ridiculously low discount and a free lead I just opted for a refund. PMT have one at their warehouse that’s still in it’s unopened box , I’ll probably buy that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

I didn’t. After being offered a ridiculously low discount and a free lead I just opted for a refund. PMT have one at their warehouse that’s still in it’s unopened box , I’ll probably buy that.

Nice one, I look forward to hearing your opinion 👍

• Like 1

Really surprised and disappointed in Andertons.  First it seems they tried to sell it you without offering pictures or any discount.  You then got offered just over 5% off for a bass in a worse condition than most looked after used basses?? And on top of that they are in excess of 10% to buy in the first place, compared to elsewhere? 

Also note it’s still listed as 1 in stock on the website, full price and not B stock.  They’re just hoping someone will not ask for a discount or refund, once they have your money.  Sharp practice, not good at all 😕

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kev said:

Really surprised and disappointed in Andertons.  First it seems they tried to sell it you without offering pictures or any discount.  You then got offered just over 5% off for a bass in a worse condition than most looked after used basses?? And on top of that they are in excess of 10% to buy in the first place, compared to elsewhere? 

Also note it’s still listed as 1 in stock on the website, full price and not B stock.  They’re just hoping someone will not ask for a discount or refund, once they have your money.  Sharp practice, not good at all 😕

The exact same thing happened to me but no discount offered I believed they just wanted me to accept it. It looked like it had been gigged heavily. I would not buy a guitar/bass from Andertons. If funnily enough I won an acoustic nylon string off Andertons and it came double boxed and it was packed so much better and it was worth about 5% of what I paid for the guitar that arrived damaged (which only came single boxed) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kev said:

Something similar happened to me recently. Ordered a P bass from a retailer. When it arrived, I noticed that it clearly had a shielding issue and I sent it back with tracked delivery. On the day the retailer received it, it appeared back in stock. Well, they either immediately fixed the issue or they just relisted it. I guess it was the latter. Not cool 😠 

7 hours ago, Kev said:

I noticed it back up, I think you are right, they are just waiting for a mug.

I’m astonished that the store allowed the bass to get into that condition in the first place.  Hopefully they don’t just allow customers to take display basses off the wall and try out unsupervised?

And if they do supervise; surely they should be ensuring that nothing a customer is doing (or wearing) can damage an instrument’s finish?

I have a gigged bass now 35 years old that is in far better order!😲

• Like 1

I got £30 quid (10%) of my RedSub Coliseum 6 from Gear4Music as it had a headstock ding.

I pointed out this was the same bass used in their YouTube demo, and the ding was visible in the website photos if you zoomed in really close. I was happy with that.

On 21/06/2020 at 12:19, thebrig said:

I purchased an brand new American Precision from PMT a couple of year's ago, it arrived in perfect condition but I noticed that the case candy (Fender tags etc) was missing, I called them and they refunded £50 to my bank account without any hassle. 🙂

I ordered a brand new Fender American Professional Jazz bass last year from PMT. When I got it I could see it had clearly been the display demo model so after a quick email they ordered a brand new one from Fender for me and took the other one back

• Like 1