Why become a member? ×

Lodestone P Artist *£375 posted*
£425
Margate

jay-syncro

Lodestone P Artist bass up for grabs.

This bass was the premium model in the Lodestone range. I've heard various reports of these retailing between £1400 and £2k new! 

It's a very well put together bass with a gorgeous poplar burl top and deep trans black gloss finish. The neck is somewhere between a P and J in width and has a great feeling Musicman-esque olied finish. It features the Status designed (I think) swept back headstock which is smaller in the flesh than I thought it would be. I've attached a photo next to my Jag for comparison. 

It's equipped with a punchy sounding EMG pickup, a high mass bridge and lightweight Gotoh tuners. 

It weighs 3.9kg/8.6lb and is well balanced on the strap. 

It doesn't have a case but I can package well if postage is required. 

IMG_20200620_102751.jpg

IMG_20200620_102449.jpg

IMG_20200620_102500.jpg

IMG_20200620_102535.jpg

IMG_20200620_102111.jpg

IMG_20200618_150502.jpg

Edited by jay-syncro
  • Like 6

Sorry guv, this is a Primal Instinct, the entry level bass in the range. Then came the Primal Pro range with active preamp, monorail bridge and two EMG single-coils and then the Primal Artist with fancy tops.... I've had a few and still got a few. Features sometimes vary based on what was available to the factory, which happened to be the Czech factory where the Spector Euro range are built.

Mike

7 minutes ago, Mike Brooks said:

Sorry guv, this is a Primal Instinct, the entry level bass in the range. Then came the Primal Pro range with active preamp, monorail bridge and two EMG single-coils and then the Primal Artist with fancy tops.... I've had a few and still got a few. Features sometimes vary based on what was available to the factory, which happened to be the Czech factory where the Spector Euro range are built.

Mike

I think these aren’t production models - they’re from Ashdown’s covid sell off.

This is Poplar Burl top under black gloss - Made in the Czech factory.

There were 3 or 4 prototypes and “oddities” they sold off. A red J, a 5 string black J, and white Czech P and this.

I know because I nearly bought this bass from Lee at Ashdown. But I ended up getting a Sadowsky.

Also, the Instinct stuff didn’t have the angled peghead.

Edited by AndyTravis
  • Like 1

On 20/06/2020 at 19:01, Mike Brooks said:

Mike

As Andy said, it’s definitely not an Instinct as they had solid finishes and no angled headstock. The Instincts were also built in China I believe, this was built in Czech. This is a P model so obviously wouldn’t have twin J pickups and a preamp. Interestingly I removed the neck to adjust the truss rod when I got it (you only actually have to remove the scratch plate), and it’s stamped “P1”, so could well be the first P model made. I’ll see if I can get some more info from Ashdown. 

Edited by jay-syncro

40 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

I think these aren’t production models - they’re from Ashdown’s covid sell off.

This is Poplar Burl top under black gloss - Made in the Czech factory.

There were 3 or 4 prototypes and “oddities” they sold off. A red J, a 5 string black J, and white Czech P and this.

I know because I nearly bought this bass from Lee at Ashdown. But I ended up getting a Sadowsky.

Also, the Instinct stuff didn’t have the angled peghead.

Thanks, Andy 👍

4 hours ago, edstraker123 said:

I've got the red Jazz version and its a cracking bass. The artists definitely have the fancy tops. My Lodestone has outlasted every other bass in my collection including many customs, so testament to how good they are. GLWTS Jay.

Thanks mate, that's good to hear 👍🏻

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/06/2020 at 19:48, jay-syncro said:

As Andy said, it’s definitely not an Instinct as they had solid finishes and no angled headstock. The Instincts were also built in China I believe, this was built in Czech. This is a P model so obviously wouldn’t have twin J pickups and a preamp. Interestingly I removed the neck to adjust the truss rod when I got it (you only actually have to remove the scratch plate), and it’s stamped “P1”, so could well be the first P model made. I’ll see if I can get some more info from Ashdown. 

Thought I'd chip in here as I have a Spector Bantam (short scale) made in the same Czech factory and the standard of woods, finish and detail is just amazing.  They sell for around the £1700 mark and the RRP is a lot higher.  So not a cheap bass.  This makes the Loadstone an excellent buy, particularly with the spec!  GLWTS.  

• Like 1

On 19/07/2020 at 07:46, surfguy13 said:

Thought I'd chip in here as I have a Spector Bantam (short scale) made in the same Czech factory and the standard of woods, finish and detail is just amazing.  They sell for around the £1700 mark and the RRP is a lot higher.  So not a cheap bass.  This makes the Loadstone an excellent buy, particularly with the spec!  GLWTS.  

Thanks for the info, i agree it's a heck of a bargain!