Why become a member? ×

Sold, please lock - Bergantino CN212
£650
Near Minehead, Somerset

Reduced to £600

My modular Orange revolution continues, hence, the Berg has to go to fund this. No trades, please. I can’t ship, due to size/weight/worry/lack of box, but will meet halfway within reason, or further for a fuel contribution.

It’s in VGC bar a tiny dink on the rear RHS as per the photo, works perfectly, and sounds terrific. I’ve cribbed the tech spec from @Dood’s ad - hope that’s okay, sir, and here it is:

From one of the finest bass cabinet designers of the 21st Century comes a new range of lightweight cabinets using cutting edge Neodymium speaker technology coupled with advanced lightweight cabinet design. Using only the highest grade lightweight void free Baltic birch and precision built custom drivers, this new range of cabinets from Bergantino Audio are already another hugely popular addition from this established company.

The Bergantino Audio Systems ‘Carbon Neo’ CN series of lightweight speaker cabinets nod their head to the traditional HD series but have a different function. These are the lightest speaker cabinets that we make. The precision tuned cabinet architecture and the enclosures are built with the finest lightweight Italian poplar plywood (with Baltic birch baffle boards) selected to our specifications. This lightweight cabinet material (along with the lightweight magnet material) helps reduce the overall cabinet weight. The lightweight carbon covering is used for cabinet cover material and is also lighter than the traditional tolex covering found on most speaker cabinets. A rigid black grille is added to protect the drivers from damage.

The internal components used are extremely high quality and they are of Bergantino design. No ‘off-the-shelf’ parts are used. Woofers with Neodymium magnet material are used for the low frequency section of the CN series cabinets. The Neodymium drivers have a punchier low-end and a very sweet midrange that is placed a little more forward in the sound field when compared to the HD series. Fretless and upright players will often prefer the CN cabinets because of how the midrange ‘speaks’ with their instruments. The CN series cabinets have a high intelligibility tweeter mated to the woofers through a custom designed phase-coherent crossover with a tweeter control. Because of the increased cost of the Neodymium magnet material, imported wood for the cabinetry and the unique covering material, the CN series speakers cost more than the HD series, but may just be the right match for your playing style and weight needs.

Model CN212 specifications: 

1. 2 x 12" Custom Neodymium drivers with 7 oz magnets

2. high intelligibility 1" tweeter

3. custom phase - coherent crossover with tweeter level control

4. Precision tuned 100% Baltic Birch cabinet

5. power handling - 700 watts rms

6. frequency response: tbc

7. sensitivity: tbc db @ 1 Watt/1 meter

8. 2 x 1/4" and 2 x neutrik connectors

9. impedance:  4 ohms

10. dimensions: 31"H x 18-1/2"W x 15"D

11. 79cm x 46cm x 38cm

12. weight: 46lbs/20 Kgs

Edited by Alfie Noakes
Sold
  • Like 8

Amazed this super quality boutique cab is still here Phil, especially with a sale price about the same as a Gen 2 Barefaced Super 12.

I know the Berg's I've had have always "felt" Rolls Royce compared to Barefaced Porsche, if that makes any sense?

Fabulous cabs.

• Like 3