Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Little Stubby 30

shine182

Hi, 

Purchased myself the above about 4 weeks ago direct from Ashdown through reverb. Out of the box it looked great being limited edition in surf green, but when I plugged it all into my 410 ABM and musicman sub... Nothing. Assumed the fuse had gone so grabbed another amp lead and hey presto. Except there was crackling and volume spikes. I thought perhaps the leads so bought new and a week later they arrived. At first it seemed to be ok but then the same issue and now no output at all. Checked the valves, they all seem seated and glowing. Ashdown say to return it but they are being a bit slow... Anyone out there had similar issues? It did sound great when working but I'm thinking of going for a refund and looking for something else :(

Yes good point, I'd been so excited about the purchase and it sounds great but the replacement they offered wasn't in the nice surf green colour, which means they'd have to fix the one I've been sent and don't get me wrong I'm not bashing Ashdown but I've just been a bit put off :( I'm certain it's an problem they could do without too hence thinking just cashing in my chips so to speak. 

Might sound silly but have you checked that the Little Stubby can power the cabinet properly? In terms of ohms? 

My guitar player mismatched his Orange dual terror and it worked a bit at first and then cut out completely. 

• Like 1

I would trust Ashdown more than any other company to put things right, they have been great with me when it wasn`t even their fault that the amp went wrong.

Get it back to them and let them sort it. You will soon be back in love :friends:

• Like 1

Ashdown’s service dept isn’t working full time at the moment (because someone somewhere ate an undercooked bat supposedly) so I wouldn’t expect a swift turnaround I’m afraid. Tag them on here and Lee - a top bloke - is normally behind the keyboard and can certainly help move things along.

If it helps, I sent them something this week for a little once over and wouldn’t expect anything for at least a fortnight :)

• Like 1

Lol uncooked bat :) Ain't that just the truth! Ohms wise it matches up fine and it wasn't lacking trouser flapping capability. It's a seriously good sounding and looking piece of kit and to be fair Lee from there sales dept has been totally on it. Perhaps your all right and I should just cool my heels and hope they can get round to sorting it, given the current situation etc. 

• Like 1