Why become a member? ×

Help me find a courier that wil ship my bass!

attackbass

8 hours ago, kodiakblair said:

Did you mean DHL ?

I sent 2 basses in the last 7 days with DPD. 134 cm x 47 cm x 20 cm.

Sending stuff is fine with DPD, but they won't let you book a courier to collect from someone else and deliver it to you. This is for everything, not just basses: I ended up using Parcelforce to collect some motorcycle panniers.

On 19/06/2020 at 17:49, attackbass said:

Think I'll try UPS and hope for the best!

I would like to use DPD as the drivers who usually deliver to where I'm currently working take care of our parcels and stack the vans sensibly - but it's dimensions are too long!

If only basschat could get a deal with DPD or UPS that would be amazing! 

Have a look at DPD Local via the dedicated Local website. Haven't used it for a bass, but was pricing up for some chairs and was impressed with what they offer - far better than any of the Parcel2Go/ParrcelMonkey type sites.

On 19/06/2020 at 17:59, jezzaboy said:

I have used Overland Express for my last 3 deliveries and I have sent them from Paisley to various English places. Unlike most couriers, they have real insurance (some say they insure instruments and then in the small print they don`t) and for £27.50 I got next day delivery and really good tracking through APC.

Thanks for that. I might have need of a bit of sending soon, so that is worth knowing