Why become a member? ×

NBW.... new basses weeks

cetera

Over the last few weeks I've picked up a cheapie (Harley Benton) and a gorgeous P workhorse (Fender Japan 70's Classic P) .....and finally got back a bass I should never have sold (Pedulla Buzz Deluxe fretless).

I've already upgraded the bridge & put blocks on the Harley Benton fretboard...and will be adding EMG Gzr pickup soon. The Fender already has upgraded wiring and the Pedulla is just lush.... so much 'mwaaaaah'!

Screenshot_20200619-124829_Facebook.jpg

20200527_125906.jpg

20200618_162643.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jezzaboy said:

The HB is showing available in 2 - 5 days. I was going to get one a while back and it vanished.

Whats your opinion on the HB Cetera?

Oh that's great, they disappeared entirely (along with a lot of their basses) Might sell an effect pedal and buy one.

On 19/06/2020 at 12:49, cetera said:

Over the last few weeks I've picked up a cheapie (Harley Benton) and a gorgeous P workhorse (Fender Japan 70's Classic P) .....and finally got back a bass I should never have sold (Pedulla Buzz Deluxe fretless).

I've already upgraded the bridge & put blocks on the Harley Benton fretboard...and will be adding EMG Gzr pickup soon. The Fender already has upgraded wiring and the Pedulla is just lush.... so much 'mwaaaaah'!

Screenshot_20200619-124829_Facebook.jpg

20200527_125906.jpg

20200618_162643.jpg

I love the Pedulla. Never seen one in real life, let alone played one! The shape has always appealed to me though. Gene Simmons' fault.

• Thanks 1

On 20/06/2020 at 09:31, stewblack said:

They seemed to discontinue that Harley just as I was about to buy it. Did you get it 2nd hand? 

Yep. £70. New bridge & block inlay stickers £40. Add the EMG Gzr pickup and I'll be all in for £200. Bargain...

• Like 1

Yeah I got my Pentabuzz back in 2005 from vmaxblues and it's been with me ever since.  Sounds lush on stage, especially if you can turn the amps up enough to get a little feedback happening on the strings.  Then it swells forever, like the middle of the Bering Strait in winter.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stewblack said:

Where did you find the fret markers? I have some basses crying our for this treatment 

Jockomo inlays. They have their own website (https://www.inlaystickers.com/ ), but I got them next day Prime delivery from Amazon for a tenner... https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?i=merchant-items&me=A1HDWB3GWJ1I0P